PDA

View Full Version : NO more micro bubbles with Python! Straight from the tap!

OlympiaDiscus
11-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to share my discovery. I now have zero micro bubbles from the python straight out of the tap.

Step one: buy a role of filter media off of amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J5MV86S/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Step two: cut a piece that is a tall as the pythons syphon nozzle and wide enough that you can roll it like a tight scroll to fit inside.

Step three: put it in syphon nuzzle and turn in a screwing motion until it's all in.

Step four: turn on the water and watch in amazement as no micro bubbles appear!

Enjoy ;)103742103742

bluelagoon
11-04-2016, 03:47 PM
You discovered an old idea.

OlympiaDiscus
11-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Hahah that's hilarious. Oh well, maybe it'll help someone like me who hadn't discovered what had already been discovered.

pitdogg2
11-04-2016, 04:14 PM
or you can use what you already have.......a towel:o

I just used a large dish towel.

Filip
11-04-2016, 08:42 PM
The idea is old but the ways and examples of puting it to work are allways new and helpfull .
TFS Olimpiadiscus .

adrian31@outlook.com
11-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Are the small bubbles created when refilling the tank bad in some way for the fish? I always thought it might just add more oxygen to the water...?

Altum Nut
11-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Kenny...micro bubbles tend to adhere and strip protective slim coat off Discus causing them to stress out.

...Ralph

scrappinjaime
11-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Wow, I did not know this, I will have to do this, thanks for the post.

adrian31@outlook.com
11-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Kenny...micro bubbles tend to adhere and strip protective slim coat off Discus causing them to stress out.

...Ralph

And I've been feeling so good about all those tiny bubbles during refilling. Thanks, I'll need to watch this then.

OlympiaDiscus
11-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Glad I could help by resuscitating the info for everyone!

Filip
11-05-2016, 08:21 PM

...Ralph

Microbubles can also fill up the gills of the fish making the fish difficult to absorbe oxigen from the enviroment . As a final result in extreme cases fish can suffocate and die .They can also penetate the blood stream , gut , eyes etc. causing fish to die in extreme cases .

So folks , If you cant find spacing to age your water, prefiltering it through a sponge , floss towel or else for a purpose of outgassing is the least you can do for your discus .
The bigger WC % the bigger the need for outgassing .

adrian31@outlook.com
11-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Microbubles can also fill up the gills of the fish making the fish difficult to absorbe oxigen from the enviroment . As a final result in extreme cases fish can suffocate and die .They can also penetate the blood stream , gut , eyes etc. causing fish to die in extreme cases .

So folks , If you cant find spacing to age your water, prefiltering it through a sponge , floss towel or else for a purpose of outgassing is the least you can do for your discus .

The bigger WC % the bigger the need for outgassing .

Wow, I'm glad I know this now.