PDA

View Full Version : Discus and Celebes Rainbowfish

thaim
11-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these 2 fish together. Would they be compatible?

I'm aware of the different water parameters these 2 fish like but my discus are captive bred and so are the rainbows. I'm positive I can tweak the water parameters to meet half way.

The real question I have is, would Celeb Rainbows get nipped at by the Discus?

Candydiscus
11-25-2016, 04:00 AM
Yea Ive had them together, just get bigger celebes if you have adult discus.. Also ive had new guinea rainbows (the big red ones) and Bosamani rainbows with my discus.. But those rainbows i removed when i got Juvies because they kept spooking my Juvie discus.. but the adults they didnt bother

DISCUS STU
11-25-2016, 07:07 AM
Looks like it could work. I've kept Tetras with my Discus successfully.

thaim
11-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Great to hear. Ill be growing the rainbows to adult size before introducing

Candydiscus
11-26-2016, 11:12 PM
Yea i bought 80 or so neon tetras during the petsmart July 4th sale. they were like .70 cents each. And its been what 5 months, i have last i counted about 55-60 left. When i got them they were super super small.. you know how petsmart likes to sell baby neon tetra's.. so im sure some of my discus munched on the smaller ones, and also sometimes neons when put in a large tank just die off never to be seen.. The 55-60 i have left are fully grown 1 inch long now and my discus dont even look at em