PDA

View Full Version : Tens...anyone use one?

brewmaster15
12-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Ok ..I admit it. I suffer from serious back pain from time to time. I'm not quite as young as I would like to be and frankly after a hard days work..I really miss the hot tub I used to have. This year has been particularly bad as my log splitter died and I have been splitting by hand again.

I really hate voodoo medicine but caved and tried an electric current therapee...tens.. I have to say its a weird feeling but it really does seem to help.Anyone else use "tens" for pain management?
Al

brewmaster15
12-01-2016, 09:50 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NCRE4GO/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is the one I bought..cheaper than aleve!
Al

Altum Nut
12-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Hang in there old man...I'm in the same boat and just slightly older then you. Mornings are sometimes rough getting out of bed after a physical outing the day prior.
My mother in-law had this https://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com/collections/dr-ho-pain-relief/products/dr-hos-4-pad-massage-system
It did feel somewhat pleasing but compared to the times I got hooked up at the chiropractors office...not even close with the high jolt that felt amazing. I swear it felt like being zapped with 220 volts.
The price is right with your unit and if it helps to a minimal degree...:thumbsup:

...Ralph

two utes
12-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Someone's getting old ;)
I took up doing laps at the local pool, and it helped my back from pain ten fold. Thank goodness its heated, but l'm sure the little bit of time l spend in the sauna and spa helps as well.

gunnerschh2
12-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Al, when you know your going to do hard work a firm back brace with metal supports will help. Iwas sliced & dissed in 70 & it was the only thing that kept me in the plumbing busness. Have used the tens for yrs but that means you over did it. Ralph that dr. who makes a back brace that expandes your disc's it works great but it only lasts 6 months & then leaks & it cost some where around $150. Hope this helps.

brewmaster15
12-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys.. yep getting old Joe!

Harry, i hear you on the back brace. I started wearing one this year...but unfortunately it was after I played superman...so yes...overdid it.:(

Al

Jack L
12-02-2016, 09:00 PM
I have found them to aid in recovery when used strong enough tocause muscle contraction

Jack L
12-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Not much use when used lightly as a pain block numbing tool as once it's turned off pain is there

That was my experience

woopaul5
12-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Ever look into teeter hang ups? In all seriousness it works... temporarily. You can usually run across one on craigslist for about half the price as a new one.