PDA

View Full Version : Cold

donnacona
12-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Is it possible to pass on cold germs from the owner to your discus, just wondering because now I got a bad chest cold.
Please don't take me for a nut.
Stu

Phillydubs
12-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Ummm, I don't believe so...

Are you suggesting that you got sick from your fish, or you don't want your fish sick from you...

Different animals , diff parasites and germs. Just like you can't get sick from your dog and vice versa...

Not to mention fish are well fish and submerged in water...

I don't think you need to worry lol...

Pour a little Tussin in the tank if you are worried ;) or nyquil... (I AM TOTALLY JOKING~!!!)

donnacona
12-26-2016, 12:56 PM
If good bacteria can do good in an aquarium I think bad bacteria from humans can exist also.
Will put a small pack of Puffs Plus in for their comfort.
Better late than never. Hope you're all having a great Christmas holiday and the best for a great and Happy New Year where all your wishes come true.
Stu

Willie
12-26-2016, 02:35 PM
No, you don't share pathogens with fish.

Filip
12-27-2016, 03:54 AM
Is it possible to pass on cold germs from the owner to your discus, just wondering because now I got a bad chest cold.
Please don't take me for a nut.
Stu

There is a shared information by more experienced members here on SD forum that terrestrial pathoghens can not live under water and attack our fish.
I tend to believe this my self too .
P.s. Never put medicine , salts or whatever medications out of precaution for a disease .
The only precaution against pathogens in discus is clean water and good diet .

bluelagoon
12-27-2016, 10:43 AM
No they can't catch your cold but they can pick up other pathogens from your dirty hands.

Neptune
12-28-2016, 12:36 PM
YIKES!
http://www.medicaldaily.com/danger-lurking-your-tank-disturbing-number-pet-fish-carry-deadly-superbug-can-infect-humans-244320

Filip
12-28-2016, 01:35 PM
YIKES!
http://www.medicaldaily.com/danger-lurking-your-tank-disturbing-number-pet-fish-carry-deadly-superbug-can-infect-humans-244320

Interesting read Neptune . TFS .