PDA

View Full Version : When to offer fdbw to babies

Lindad
12-28-2016, 11:20 PM
How large do babies need to be before they can handle fdbw? I have a group of juvies (my first) that are 1-1.5" that are either unable or unwilling to eat the worms. Does anyone have thoughts as to whether they just need more exposure to fdbw or if they need to grow a bit more first?

Thanks!

RogueDiscus
12-28-2016, 11:31 PM
I'd have to say give them time. Mine were definitely eating at least the fine leftovers from the cubes by that size, and picking at the larger loose pieces.

two utes
12-29-2016, 01:33 AM
I buy my FDBW loose (not in cubes) and l recently started babies smaller than 1 inch on the sediment on the bottom of the container l have it in. They went crazy on it, so l then went to the trouble of chopping small batches of FDBW into small manageable pieces. I really do think it was worth the effort.

brewmaster15
12-29-2016, 12:04 PM
How large do babies need to be before they can handle fdbw? I have a group of juvies (my first) that are 1-1.5" that are either unable or unwilling to eat the worms. Does anyone have thoughts as to whether they just need more exposure to fdbw or if they need to grow a bit more first?

Thanks!

A cheap coffee grinder will make FDBW fry food very quickly.:)