PDA

View Full Version : Perfecto/Marineland Majesty 125 stand

Adam_Parker
12-31-2016, 07:59 PM
Hey guys....As some of you read, my Top Fin 125 stand got wet and I'm completely uneasy with it right now, so I'm planning ahead.

My friend and I talked about building a new stand, but that won't be done any time soon as we live a food ways away from each other and weekends are hard to meet up on.

So I'm looking at other stands. My lfs has this stand, along with Amazon and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it would be better than the cheap Top Fin particle board I have now? Thanks! Here's the link....

Perfecto Manufacturing APF70443 Majesty Stand for Aquarium, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00176EIZE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KveAybE8G9Y2Q

bluelagoon
01-01-2017, 10:54 AM
I have the six foot hood and stands from Majestic.They will have some pressed wood in the hoods where they set on the tanks.My stand is made from wood and plywood.

Jenene
01-01-2017, 12:06 PM
I have this stand for my 75 gallon community tank. I had to buy it in a hurry when I was switching over to a discus setup and my daughter begged me to keep the tropicals I was planning on re-homing. It is shockingly light weight for it's size- so I am not confident it will hold up any where near as well as a home made one. It has been okay so far but it has only been a few months. In a short term pinch it will work but you may feel better adding some more support to it. Good luck!

Willie
01-01-2017, 01:27 PM
For that price, you can buy the lumber, a power saw and all the hand tools you need to build one that would last.

Willie

Jack L
01-01-2017, 07:05 PM
you can make a super simple one out of 2x4 until you have time to do it nice. i wouldn't trust particle board either.

Jack L
01-01-2017, 07:09 PM
I have this stand for my 75 gallon community tank. I had to buy it in a hurry when I was switching over to a discus setup and my daughter begged me to keep the tropicals I was planning on re-homing. It is shockingly light weight for it's size- so I am not confident it will hold up any where near as well as a home made one. It has been okay so far but it has only been a few months. In a short term pinch it will work but you may feel better adding some more support to it. Good luck!

i've seen these at store, if you aren't handy, they do the trick.

they are light because they are made of pine is my guess, but still strong.

Phillydubs
01-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Hey guys....As some of you read, my Top Fin 125 stand got wet and I'm completely uneasy with it right now, so I'm planning ahead.

My friend and I talked about building a new stand, but that won't be done any time soon as we live a food ways away from each other and weekends are hard to meet up on.

So I'm looking at other stands. My lfs has this stand, along with Amazon and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it would be better than the cheap Top Fin particle board I have now? Thanks! Here's the link....

Perfecto Manufacturing APF70443 Majesty Stand for Aquarium, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00176EIZE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KveAybE8G9Y2Q

Have you checked your local Criagslist? Or other local hobbyist who may be selling ones. That is a hefty price for a stand IMO- It looks like the 72 bow stand I have in a way... I got that with tank and sump for $#50 so...

bluelagoon
01-03-2017, 01:11 PM
For that price, you can buy the lumber, a power saw and all the hand tools you need to build one that would last.

Willie

That was not practical for me as I live in an apt.

pitdogg2
01-03-2017, 03:28 PM

Willie

I have to go with Willie on this.... 250.00 will make a very nice stand

Adam_Parker
01-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Well amazon can't find any info on this stand so I'm gonna assume it's a wrong sku number and not a 125 stand. Looks like I'll be building one eventually.

bluelagoon
01-04-2017, 10:19 AM
This is the one I have.http://aqua-dreams.com/products/marineland-monterey-aquarium-cabinetry-canopy?variant=404926141

Jason.M
01-04-2017, 11:33 AM
This is the one I have.http://aqua-dreams.com/products/marineland-monterey-aquarium-cabinetry-canopy?variant=404926141

This is the same one I have. 125 gallon.

bluelagoon
01-04-2017, 12:35 PM
This is the same one I have. 125 gallon.

Hi,you need to post your new discus on our local forum.We love pics.

Jason.M
01-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Hi,you need to post your new discus on our local forum.We love pics.

I'm going to do that this week, been busy and haven't had a chance yet. Maybe a vid too.