PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy water need help!!

hvangus
01-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone, over the last two weeks I have converted from RODI water to aged tap water, Just one problem my water is cloudy. My discus are doing great with the change but my tank looks bad. I have about 1 inch of sub straight large drift wood and some plants in my 125 gallon. This tank has been running for over a year and It looks like it has new tank syndrome. Any ideas please

Phillydubs
01-10-2017, 02:01 AM
Does it have new tank syndrome ? Have you tested the params? How long are you aging. How often are you changing water and how much? What do you use as a dechlor? What is your substrate ?

Leland F.
01-10-2017, 01:44 PM
The increased calcium level in the tap water likely caused an massive bacterial growth. Just change the water daily, feed in smaller amounts, and allow the bacteria levels to stabilize. This is assuming you're adding Prime to your aged tap water.

-Leland

hvangus
01-10-2017, 02:47 PM
hello guys changing 20% every other day. I did 40 % yesterday. Yes I am aging my water for two days and using prime. Parameters are good Ph is 7.4 going in and is testing 6.6 when I am ready for the change. I am assuming that the drift wood is giving me the reduction in the PH. Tank looks a little better today going to do 50 gallon change this evening.

Thanks Bryan

Leland F.
01-10-2017, 04:01 PM
The fish waste can also be bringing the pH down. pH typically drops as wastes accumulate.

-Leland

CammieTime
01-10-2017, 04:17 PM
I have the same problem and cannot seem to resolve it. Cloudy water from aged aerated barrel, but fish do not seem to care.

bluelagoon
01-10-2017, 05:42 PM
The wood will not lower your PH in that length of time.If you have it in your aging barrel,that is where the issue is.