PDA

View Full Version : 6 months to the day...

Neptune
01-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Dove into this hobby with some 50cent size juvies.
Here they are today.

RobbieRobV
01-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Nice!

trungnguyen
01-11-2017, 11:37 PM
Very nice.

Phillydubs
01-12-2017, 01:26 AM
Did they all look similar when you first got them. At what point did you see some become misshapen

Neptune
01-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Did they all look similar when you first got them. At what point did you see some become misshapen

Ya, they are all from the same batch....all brothers and sisters.
I got them off on the very wrong foot! I threw them in a dirty heavily planted tank and then had to travel for a month for work. Of course right at a crucial development time.
After doing a lot of reading, etc, you could tell pretty quickly that hey were not going to reach full potential. They were very football shaped back in August.

Then the stunt/runt got hex and he has not grown since! He is healthy and is a tough little nut but doesn't grow.

I started with 9 one died right off the bat, same day.
One got the whirls and never recovered and I had a jumper last month.

I am chalking these up as my learning fish. I love them, but I know they did not reach their full potential.

Phillydubs
01-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Any chance you know the breeder or where they came from and could get more? Would be kinda cool to see you grow a new batch with what you now know and see the diff side by side.

Hey faced with all you were and sticking with it and learning along the way is an honorable quality for sure. I love the color and patterns on those. one in there looks pretty decent. Id love to see some big full grown round ones of those guys they have a nice wild look

Neptune
01-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Any chance you know the breeder or where they came from and could get more? Would be kinda cool to see you grow a new batch with what you now know and see the diff side by side.

Hey faced with all you were and sticking with it and learning along the way is an honorable quality for sure. I love the color and patterns on those. one in there looks pretty decent. Id love to see some big full grown round ones of those guys they have a nice wild look

I wishI could get more!!! The local breeder was shutting down due to time commitments. He was selling everything- I got his last juvies. They were $15/each so I figured it was now or never, and if I failed I didn't break the bank.
I believe these are heckel cross?