PDA

View Full Version : Takes 5....!!

Phillydubs
01-27-2017, 03:11 PM
I don't know about you guys but I love a fun, rolling, open thread where we can all chat and inject some info no matter what your level of experience/expertise or how new or old you are to the game...

I myself have a love/hate battle with wipe downs... It takes all of not even 5 min and a paper towel and can really help your tank. Yet, I am always quick to say to myself, eh I can skip a wipe down today, although I rarely do.

I thought it would be fun to start an open thread of items that "Take 5" a few minutes to save some hassle and grief down the line that we all face...

Pre-filters have once again been a topic on here and to me are another thing that take a few min and a few$ yet do so much.

Share your it takes 5 idea here or learn from the others before you. I bet we all pick up a tip/trick or bit of knowledge along the way!

Phillydubs
01-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Another for me is an easy off/on switch or a battery-back-up that runs all the electrical gadgets on a tank. It is so easy for a one push off/one push on set up. Never worry if you forgot to plug something in or turn it on. Really helps for those who shut filters when feeding.

Just don't forget to turn the darn thing back on!

Neptune
01-29-2017, 09:38 PM
man what's that about...i hate wipe downs too! I'm always afraid I'm going to scratch the glass!

My best thing since sliced bread is the wireless plug in. I have it down in the basement next to the aging barrel pump. I can stand upstairs by the tank and turn the pump on and off with my phone. Works every time!

planter
01-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Rolling and unrolling my pyhon hose so that it fits neatly in my bucket. Drives me nuts but I can't bring myself to leave it out

Neptune
01-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Rolling and unrolling my pyhon hose so that it fits neatly in my bucket. Drives me nuts but I can't bring myself to leave it out

I don't use a python anymore and I SURE DON"T miss it!

DYDave82
01-30-2017, 02:26 AM
I don't use a python anymore and I SURE DON"T miss it!

No python? What do you use then?