PDA

View Full Version : My latest discus room video of all my 100+ discus

GVB
02-01-2017, 05:11 PM
https://youtu.be/lgb4i4ymekM

Took this video this morning. I walk through each one of my tanks and show some of my equipment, supplies, foods, etc....
There is even a part where you get to see my babies savagely attack a cube of Al's FDBW.

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think or if you have any question!

Clawhammer
02-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Wow! Discus heaven!

Jenene
02-01-2017, 11:13 PM
You are living the dream! Your father is a plumbing genius- if I could have him for just an hour I would be thrilled (leaky return to my sump that my husband is afraid to touch!)

Gorgeous fish, sparkling water, great space and a patient (brother?) lurking in the background waiting for you to finish the video so he can make noise.

Nicely done!

Arhm
02-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Simply amaziiing.... im speechless :eek:

Dis82
02-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Great looking fishroom. How do you do water changes on the tanks on the floor? I hated my low to the ground tank cause my siphon wouldn't have enough flow.

Thanks for sharing, I subbed your channel.

ockyra215
02-02-2017, 10:04 AM
You have a nice set up and your close to me I live in northeast Philadelphia. Don't know if any of those juvies are for sale but id be interested in some. Very clean set up.

GVB
02-02-2017, 10:43 AM
You have a nice set up and your close to me I live in northeast Philadelphia. Don't know if any of those juvies are for sale but id be interested in some. Very clean set up.

Some are for sale, some are for growing out. You are more than welcome to come by my place in Medford, NJ... I have hobbyists and buyers come by all the time!

Great looking fishroom. How do you do water changes on the tanks on the floor? I hated my low to the ground tank cause my siphon wouldn't have enough flow.

Thanks for sharing, I subbed your channel.

I have a big pump that sucks out the water via a hose / pvc pipe apparatus capable of various attachments which I built. I will post a video of how I use it on my tanks if you'd like!

You are living the dream! Your father is a plumbing genius- if I could have him for just an hour I would be thrilled (leaky return to my sump that my husband is afraid to touch!)

Gorgeous fish, sparkling water, great space and a patient (brother?) lurking in the background waiting for you to finish the video so he can make noise.

Nicely done!

I see you're from Rochester, we'll be going up route 81 to Clayton, NY on the St. Lawrence River for ice fishing in two weeks! Thanks for your kind words!

Cevoe
02-02-2017, 02:09 PM
You should start taking the discus keeping hobby a little more seriously.
I think you may have some potential.
But for real...awesome set-up and beautiful fish.
I'm also close in Bucks County and would love to see it first-hand sometime too.
Always look forward to your updates.

GVB
02-02-2017, 02:28 PM
You should start taking the discus keeping hobby a little more seriously.
I think you may have some potential.
But for real...awesome set-up and beautiful fish.
I'm also close in Bucks County and would love to see it first-hand sometime too.
Always look forward to your updates.

come on down! I am in Medford,NJ. you are more than welcome to come check everything out and chat discus! I have lots of people who come just to look lol... I don't mind. email me at greg.discus@gmail.com if you want to come so we can set something up!

Dis82
02-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Ya pumps do make work alot easier. Anything to speed up a water change.

dpt8
02-09-2017, 01:16 PM
awesome.. WOW

planter
02-09-2017, 04:28 PM
That is a lot of Discus very impressive. I can myself with something like that when I retire.

Davidzil
02-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Awesome!!!

Greg are these all Stendkers?

GVB
02-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Mostly Stendkers but I do have fish from Lawrence Soon, Dexter Chung, Tony Tan, etc. as well as wild Heckles and RSGS. I am getting Piwows tomorrow and am looking into wild Cuipeua right now

Jack L
02-10-2017, 09:41 PM
impressive

what are piwows?

GVB
02-11-2017, 12:06 AM
Piwows are short for Piwowarski... a breeder in Germany I believe

Jack L
02-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Found that site, some nice fish on the gallery and some nice breeding pairs for sale