PDA

View Full Version : why paint the sides?

clark12
02-05-2017, 12:13 AM
if three of my sides are visible is it necessary to paint the sides too? why do you paint the sides? new guy ^

xxalanxx
02-05-2017, 02:00 AM
I keep my sides not painedt. I want them to be visible ( and I installed an IP cam in the background). Some people like them to be painted, it's just personal performance. Nothing special nor necessarily in the context.

Willie
02-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Mine are painted so you don't see the wires hanging from the back. I do three sides and the bottom.

Willie

Filip
02-05-2017, 09:00 AM
If your tank is in the middle of the room and visible from all sides it would be more appealing to leave the sides open for look .
My tank is a kind of divider between my kitchen and living room , so i have my sides and my back glass non- painted .
Painting the sides though can add an extra feeling of security to discus and pop their colours even further depending of the colour of the strain you keep and the paint you use .

clark12
02-05-2017, 09:31 AM
again thanks everyone, this is good news. my wife would've kicked me and my tanks out if i spent all this $$ on these fish then painted the sides. it is in our great room so its visible from 3 sides. i have a background up but don't really like it. i will change or paint before they get ordered, from a site sponsor no doubt!