PDA

View Full Version : Hex shield for NLS

jim LI
02-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Has any one ever tried this food before?

https://reefbuilders.com/2014/08/30/life-shield-medicated-foods-ick-shield-hex-shield/

Jim

gunnerschh2
02-21-2017, 04:43 PM
I have not used this food but have been feeding other new life products for my africans for many years with good luck.

Lido
02-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Jim,

I actually asked the exact same question a week or so ago. I purchased it. My fish seem to like it. NLS makes great food as mentioned above. I feed it every other day or so for one of my 3 feedings. No ill effects, nothing exceptional to note yet.

jim LI
02-22-2017, 09:20 AM
I've used NLS before. I now feed with Hans beef mix and Als FDBW. I will add this as a preventative.

thanks for the replies.

Neptune
02-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Just an FYI, if the Hex shield is Metro based, metro is VERY water soluble. So if your fish aren't eating the food in a VERY short time(seconds) it may not be effective.
Unless they have some sort of encapsulation method or something that helps with this.

bluelagoon
02-22-2017, 10:33 AM
It would be something that you would not want to feed on a regular basis if it has medication in it.The pure metro would be the best way to go for treatment of hex.Stay away from store bought food with meds in it,IMO.Or best to add your own meds to the food for treatments.