PDA

View Full Version : Oriental dream discus !?

artursm15
02-27-2017, 06:23 PM
Hello guys .. so today I finally visited one off only discus distributor arround my area .. so he had a lot of leopard discus and ofc oriental dream ( that what he says ) and he says ir very rear and bla bla bla .. he had pair he was trying to sell for 300usd and some smaller ones for pretty high price so im just wondering is it another false strain or some imaginary name ? They looked quite nice something like leopard pattern with some turquoise color

Lido
02-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Hello guys .. so today I finally visited one off only discus distributor arround my area .. so he had a lot of leopard discus and ofc oriental dream ( that what he says ) and he says ir very rear and bla bla bla .. he had pair he was trying to sell for 300usd and some smaller ones for pretty high price so im just wondering is it another false strain or some imaginary name ? They looked quite nice something like leopard pattern with some turquoise color

Sounds a bit like a Penang Eruption. Did it look something like this

artursm15
02-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Yes something like that.. is it just another made up name ? And are they so rare ??

Lido
02-27-2017, 11:39 PM
Not rare at all. Beautiful, not rare.

artursm15
02-28-2017, 03:54 AM
well the guy ho sells them claims they are very rare :D

warblad79
02-28-2017, 04:08 AM
well the guy ho sells them claims they are very rare :D

It's rare in your area since nobody carry them. But most importer carry those strain all the time and it goes a different name depending on the breeder.

artursm15
02-28-2017, 06:03 AM
It's rare in your area since nobody carry them. But most importer carry those strain all the time and it goes a different name depending on the breeder.

thanks for replay !!

CliffsDiscus
02-28-2017, 06:36 PM
I have not heard the name oriental dream for over
20 years, they were bread and butter imports that
were brightly colored by hormone treatment.
As for the name eruption, this is the name Wayne Ng
from Hong Kong gave to his snakeskin x leopard. Other breeders soon follow with the Eruption name.

Cliff

DISCUS STU
03-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Can you post a picture? Also be wary of anyone that says they have a mated pair to sell as many will often claim to have mated pairs when they actually just thrown two fish into the same tank.

Also most of these names are made up to better sell and market the fish.

artursm15
03-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Can you post a picture? Also be wary of anyone that says they have a mated pair to sell as many will often claim to have mated pairs when they actually just thrown two fish into the same tank.

Also most of these names are made up to better sell and market the fish.

Dont have the pic of the pairs !! ye i know it happens alot with the name and pairs .. this pair what i was looking on atleast had eggs on cone so atleast one is female for sure ;D

Here found hes fish
http://d3rd3i2xz0wkmj.cloudfront.net/e6/f9/vid--22374297-dde4479b-249a-44e6-8f44-5ce033cca35d_0000.jpg