PDA

View Full Version : Reintroducing myself,,, HI,,,

Mystic1Sylvan
03-09-2017, 10:00 PM
1st thing wish I could change my screen name,,, LOL not sure where I came up with that one.. anyways i was looking back to see how long it has been since ive been around and OMG 2003,,, that long ago Wow time really did fly,, seems like it was just yesterday. i remember i bought a 125 and some things for it but never did set it up and finally gave it away seems like life was busy back then. BUT what i wouldnt give to have it back and all the craziness that went with it. Well since then my son grew up YES we made it through those teenage years, He grew up joined the military and went to college, there he meet the Perfect Girl who is also in military she weights a total of 95 lbs soaking wet,, her pack is bigger then she is, they are now married and moved out and starting their own life, I buried my husband after being married for 25 years. sold my lake house and bought myself a little hobby farm. I have chickens,Turkeys,guineas, couple dogs and a barn kitty that i found almost frozen at about 4 wks old and now thinks he is a house cat and refuses to go outside. I got remarried to a friend i have known for almost 40 years. I have survived cancer 4 times and I Still think life is Beautiful and im Lucky... and im still under 50 (for 6 more months LOL ) SOOOO i went and bought another tank :) 130 gal AND i already made my 1st mistake I painted the back black...I was going to set up a reef tank but i keep coming back to discus. i think they are beautiful and now that i have the time there is no reason why i cant. So i will be around and if i can figure out how to post pics i will keep you all up on my progress....hope I didnt bore you all,,,, Tina

Kingdom Come Discus
03-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Welcome Tina,

It sounds like you have had your fill of the rough side of life. So glad things are looking up for you! It is very encouraging when someone has such a great attitude about life when they have been through as much as you have.

I hope you have great luck with your new tank, may you find the best Discus to fill it with.

JBurgo
03-10-2017, 01:58 AM
A lot has happened in fish husbandry over 15 years, so be sure to do some reading before setting up your system, this forum is the perfect place to ask questions so you're at the right place. As soon as you figure out how to insert images in your posts, place some photos of your equipment and let us know your intentions for it, and people will help you out for sure.

two utes
03-10-2017, 02:29 AM
Welcome back! Painting the back of your tank black may not be a problem depending on which discus you go for.....watch out for peppering is certain strains