PDA

View Full Version : Limitating micro bubble when doing WC?

artursm15
03-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Hello folks . Im sick of micro bubbles after doing WC and my discus hates then too . Is there any good solution how to limitate them ? Doing 50% wc every day on my grow out and ever other day on my 500l display and 2 days ago got one more 750l tank soon will get some discus in there too . So storing my water in barrels or something like that is not option . Im doing my WC straight from tap .. was thining if i will some 2l plastic bottle with some fillter pads drilled small holes in bottom of bottle and then stick thay botttle on my water hose will thay help or its hope less ?

Lido
03-10-2017, 04:48 PM
So the best choice for this problem is a water diffuser. You can take a water bottle, stuff it full of high micron filter floss, place holes in the sides and it should come out without the microbubbles.

You can also do what used to do when I went from the tap. I used a "python" system or similar. I left on the end that had the large syphon on it and plugged it full of filter pads, slowed down the flow of water just a touch so there isn't so much pressure behind it and then took a small pail (about 1 quart) I had it hung so the bottom of the bucket was just at the water line. I filled to the pail, then let the waterfall effect happen into the tank. I literally had 0 microbubbles, only the bubbles created from the waterfall.

jim LI
03-10-2017, 05:52 PM
So the best choice for this problem is a water diffuser. You can take a water bottle, stuff it full of high micron filter floss, place holes in the sides and it should come out without the microbubbles.

You can also do what used to do when I went from the tap. I used a "python" system or similar. I left on the end that had the large syphon on it and plugged it full of filter pads, slowed down the flow of water just a touch so there isn't so much pressure behind it

+1. works great..

Ryan925
03-10-2017, 06:21 PM
I put a 200 micron sock over the end of my python when filling and eliminates pretty much all micro bubbles

xmas_dude
03-10-2017, 07:14 PM
I have a 200 micron filter sock that i insert my refill hose into when filing tank. Works great in avoiding micro bubbles.

Kyla
03-10-2017, 10:33 PM
so many ppl ask this question... if there isnt a sticky on it there should be...

here's a link with some info and even a posted vid on the method i found best

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?126837-microbubbles-looking-for-some-innovation-to-tackle-them&highlight=micro+bubbles

artursm15
03-11-2017, 02:03 PM
this is what i did and it worked like charm ! cheers guys

i stuffed my python tube with some filter pads !! 0 Microbubbles !

Filip
03-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Here is my DIY WC prefilter Arthur :
Just watch out for the annoying sound of the video and turn your volume down prior playing it :) .

The good thing about it is that it can withstand high flow pressures from the tap without leaking or loosing the filter sponges in the tank .

https://youtu.be/1CEQbcj9E2s