PDA

View Full Version : Bossemani rainbows

Ryan925
03-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Hi guys. I just recently started a community planted tank for my son. I have a few different varieties of rainbows in the tank. The newest are two bossemanis that we have had for a few weeks. I'm surprised to see how fast they grow. Anyway I have 0 experience with them.

Today I notice the 2 bossemanis will get next to each other and start shaking/vibrating. Is this spawning behavior ?

bluelagoon
03-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Probably yes.I have a rainbow fish tank.This activity usually happens in the morning hours and if you have just a little natural light it seems to trigger mating.If you want to raise a batch,put a male and a few females in a tank with a lot of java moss for a week and wait.Some use artificial mops.

Ryan925
03-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Probably yes.I have a rainbow fish tank.This activity usually happens in the morning hours and if you have just a little natural light it seems to trigger mating.If you want to raise a batch,put a male and a few females in a tank with a lot of java moss for a week and wait.Some use artificial mops.

Thanks for the info. I noticed this late morning under really bright light from my satellite plus pro. They are doing the dance quite frequently. When they aren't the larger one which I assume is the male is chasing the other