PDA

View Full Version : For those who do not know..

Lido
04-01-2017, 07:10 PM
I have recently had some tough times. I was in the hospital for 9 days and laid off from my employer. I am considering taking a break from fish keeping for a while until I get back on my feet.

Here is the deal I have about 20 discus. All of which have come from Malaysia. Either lucky farms, forest or one other I can't remember the name. My fish have come from sponsors on this site. They range from 3.5 inch to 6 inch. I have two breeding pairs. One brilliant blue pair and a yellow and melon pair. I have invested a metric ton of dinero in them. I would prefer to sell them all at once. If you would at all be interested send me a PM and maybe we can work it out.

This might be a good chance to load up on a great group of fish for a great deal.

Jenene
04-01-2017, 07:24 PM
My heart is breaking for you Casey. I am hoping you can step back and take a breath. Regroup and take care of yourself. Life gets in the way sometimes but I am hoping things settle down and you can find your way back very soon.:(

pitdogg2
04-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Understand and very sorry to hear. Good luck, I too had to stop not the same situation but its rough after many many years of keeping fish.
Good luck with the sale. Mine i gave away to a local keeper who also posts here. I'm grateful they went to someone who i know knows how to take great care of them.

brewmaster15
04-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Casey,
I was wondering why I hadn't seen you on line in a while. What a bummer. :( I hope your health issues have resolved . The fish are secondary..you can always pick up the hobby again...but your health and job scene are priorities. Best of luck to you with finding the fish a new home and getting back on your feet here.

Al

Lido
04-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys.

I am really hoping for a similar situation with a local buyer. Someone can get a great deal on some awesome fish and I know they will be in a good place. I mean I really don't have the time right now to sell them one by one. I know I could get some decent money if I did that but at this point I don't think that's the plan. If nobody wants all of them I can take pics and vids of each fish to sell them and ship. To the right person I'd even be willing to go as far as vegas or so to meet them.

Coffee1stLife2nd
04-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Can u send me pics of all of them thanks, Tina

Coffee1stLife2nd
04-02-2017, 12:54 AM
Can't take all 20 but maybe 12 or 14 interested in larger sizes,,, sorry about your troubles hope things get better,

navarro1950
04-02-2017, 01:51 AM
Casey I know a lot about being sick and unable to do the things I like to do. Before you sell off all your fish assess your limitations and find out what you can do. Beside my aquariums I love to ride my motorcycle . I have not ridden in two years. You see I was diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia for the fourth time. I've spent many weeks in quarantine at MD Anderson cancer in Houston Tx. Right after I went back in remission last September for the leukemia the doctor found Prostate cancer and I had surgery to remove the prostate. During the last 6 months I was only able to change my tank water 4 times at most. Don't give up something you have passion and love for so easy . Your discus will help you to get better quicker . I don't know what your sickness may be but I do know that my desire to take care of my fish and to get back on my motorcycle and MAINLY my belief and love for the Lord has helped me thru 5 bouts of cancer and I know He will help you to if you ask Him. Casey my prayers will be with you. My God Bless you.

cjvdhx
04-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Hope you get better!

William1
04-03-2017, 02:44 AM
Best of luck with your health and job situation. So sorry you are in a tough spot right now. I'm dealing with a health issue myself right now and couldn't change water for four weeks. I'm trying to get back to work but my stamina is just not there. Hoping things get better quick. Hang tough and I hope you can find a job quickly. Good luck with your discus as well.

jmf3460
04-03-2017, 11:11 AM
casey so sorry to hear about your hospital visits and about your job. As others have mentioned, life gets in the way of our hobbies sometimes. We all have to adjust to the continual ebb and flow of our financial and health status. You are being responsible in not trying to manage your fish during all these hectic times. good luck with your sell and I am sure we will see you soon.