PDA

View Full Version : Stendeker Strains - "Lighting Up" - Stendeker Experienced comments only please

oliverk
04-19-2017, 12:39 PM
I have 9 Stendeker fish in my tank. Some are very directionally light sensitive. (the blue or cobalt colors especially) When lit they glow and are absolutely stunning and sometimes the swim through the light and the flowing changes of glowing is mesmerizing. Still, I am in process of providing more and from different angles lighting to help some of them "light up" more frequently - perhaps always.

Two of my fish Pigeon Blood Red and Pigeon Blood Blue do not react to light in the same way. They are more consistent in their show of pattern of contrast of their markings, changing only slightly if going from shadow to more intense light.

So in addition to more and more varied lights, my wife and my tank improvement project is currently planning to add a few new fish to the display tank and we still have questions about light response, after watching many many videos on the web, in some of the strains being considered Thought I'd ask this communities experience/input.

Am trying to build upon a coloration theme red/orange x white/blue white yellow (yes with contrasting fins etc) along the lines of the Pigeon Red and Pigeon Blue but not have all of the same strains or even of just these two strains and would like comments upon:

Chekerboard - don't believe more than shadow sensitive like pigeon red and pigeon blue
Leopard Snakeskin: believe the background may be directional light sensitive
Pigeon Snakeskin: Don't believe more than shadow sensitive like pigeon red and pigeon blue

Please limit comments to stendeker strains - not that others are bad :) but have decided to stay with one source of strains and vendor (yep know it may be possible to mix sources - but why risk disease resistance variables is my personal decision :huh: as a hobbiest not a breeder)

Please help me understand these three strains better. May affect quantity purchased.

thanks in advance for your help!