PDA

View Full Version : Migrated to Australia - Getting back into discus

colombo
05-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I migrated to Australia about 3 months ago from Sri Lanka so I had to give my Discus up. I want to start here in Australia. I am in Sydney now.
I was breeding and growing out discus back home and wanted to do the same here.

Can anyone tell me who I can go to here in Australia to get good quality Juvies (even very small ones - 3 - 4 cms) so that I can grow them out. I am looking at Penang Eruptions and Blue Diamonds but I am ok with any strain really at this point.

I will be starting on this in the next 3 to 4 months so your inputs will be invaluable to me.

Thanks

Colombo

brewmaster15
05-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Colombo, Get in touch with Rod Lewis he can probably point you in the right direction.....

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?4212-Rod

I'd drop him an email and Pm and see if can help ...

al

Keith Perkins
05-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Colombo, Get in touch with Rod Lewis he can probably point you in the right direction.....

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/member.php?4212-Rod

I'd drop him an email and Pm and see if can help ...

al

Not that the bosses suggestion needs any support, but Rod would hands down be my first suggestion too.

colombo
05-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Hi Al,

Thanks so much for the quickfeedbck on this.. I really appreciate it!

colombo
05-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi Keith,

Thanks a lot for your input! I am really excited as the quality of discus and the availability of equipment here provides so many opportunities than what I had back home.

Cheers

two utes
05-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Hi Colombo. Welcome back into the hobby and Australia.
I too would recommend Rod Lewis. Not only does he have good quality discus, but is a really nice guy and very helpful.

Good luck with with it all.

Rex82
05-12-2017, 09:25 PM
I have some available and can ship

HarryDk
05-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Welcome to Australia as discus keeper lol.
As a fellow migrant, you will soon feel the pain of the different in water chemistry, mineral and temp :D; back home you use may use tap water on 24 hour dripping system and do not care about wc. Some part of your country would have natural acidity water so not too much bacterial concern (still have it sometime lol). I'm in Melbourne where water is quite soft but I heard in NSW water alot harder.
Words of warning: dont throw that friendly garden hose into the tank like you did :P or you wont have fun for weeks. (I almost did it myself)