PDA

View Full Version : I have aggression problem with one of my discus fish

Alex47kononov
05-15-2017, 11:57 AM
resently (5 days ago ) i bought 4 little diamond discus and one of them is super agrassive to other fishes in my tank , he attacking and chasing all my other discus in the tank ( 500 liter ) including the big one's.
i have plenty of space in the tank, water ph is 7.5, there is total of 7 discus fish in my tank , 2 big and 5 small , and 3 yellow zebra fish, it seems that the little diamond discus put my all other discus in stress.
my qustion, what should i do, and why its happen that he so aggrassive to the other discus ??? ( I dont have another tank to separate him ) :confused::confused:

RogueDiscus
05-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Hi Alex,
I don't think there is much you can do. This sounds pretty normal as the fish figure out the pecking order in the tank. I would be sure to keep up with your tank cleaning and water change routine so they aren't being irritated by the water conditions at all. You might also be sure they are all getting to eat, maybe place food at different ends of the tank. If one of the others is actually getting beaten up, you might have to consider separating them, but i don't think that's common. Otherwise they will hopefully get used to each other and eventually settle down

Skip
05-15-2017, 02:13 PM
it is normal. .and happens when you buy juveniles. don't worry.. i had one Red Turq that was always picked on buy Blue Diamonds.. (i have seen a pattern that they are usually responsible for many "aggressive" stories posted.)
that turq ended up being the largest fish.. and wasn't picked on anymore.. LOL

Alex47kononov
05-15-2017, 03:02 PM
ok tnx for the information :)

darshan.more
05-16-2017, 01:05 AM
Is he claiming any area in your tank? If yes then try to make some changes your tank, move your driftwood / decor. Try to break territories created. In my case one of my blue diamond claimed area where I generally feed so I changed the feeding area. Also check if this aggression is towards any specific discus if not then I guess you don't have to worry as the aggression is distributed with in your 6 discus.

Filip
05-16-2017, 09:24 AM
it is normal. .and happens when you buy juveniles. don't worry.. i had one Red Turq that was always picked on buy Blue Diamonds.. (i have seen a pattern that they are usually responsible for many "aggressive" stories posted.)
that turq ended up being the largest fish.. and wasn't picked on anymore.. LOL

Im doing 11 discus - size 2-3 inch in a 65gallons growout right now and the BD is the most aggressive and dominant in my tank too .
Thank god there are too many of them for him to harass because I imagine it would have been hell if I just bought 4-5 discus along with him :)