PDA

View Full Version : Albino Discus Pair

kunaldiscus01
05-18-2017, 09:57 AM
After reading Martha's thread on 'albino breeding think tank' and Larry Bugg's albino san merah pair,I was highly determined to take up the challenge of breeding albinos.This will be a whole new level challenge for me,but I believe that is what makes the hobby great.So after vigorous searchig in indian groups and checking with dealers I finally stumbled across a guy willing to part with this pair.The price is a little ouch $350(not very high in USD,but a significant sum in Indian money).I am really taken by the shape,size and colour of this pair.Please let me know what others feel.I am all ears :)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99JZeo5bXYI[/video]

DatDiscusDude
05-18-2017, 10:04 AM
I am not a breeder but I have seen my fair share of discus and they are a rather nice pair. Are they proven? Have you seen eggs, wigglers, fry?

The one he keeps petting is a nice shape to my eye. The other one seems very big I noticed somewhat of a hump at the head and the face seemed a bit off to me or almost bulldog like. Do you have any info on that one? Not sure how they will breed out or what your plans are for them, guys like Larry and the others can help you there. I think for the money they are nice, maybe you can get him down to $300?

kunaldiscus01
05-18-2017, 10:11 AM
Yes mate I have seen their fry.I will share a video with fry later when I can.As for the hump,yes I agree.I have seen this character/trait in discus bred by Lawrence Soon,this might be from him who knows.I am trying to negotiate,but do not think he will get down to 300$.I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

jmf3460
05-18-2017, 11:13 AM
what a beautiful pair. Its so cool that you can "pet" your discus. Now I must tell you that its not smart to pet your fish, it can remove their protective slime coat everytime you touch them. That being said, I also feed my discus live mosquito larva when I know it can be potentially harmful so we each have our things we choose to ignore. These fish are beautiful I hope you get lots of fry from them!

kunaldiscus01
05-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Thanks jacklyn.I feel the same way as you do.I never catch or hold a fish unless required.It should be noted that these are still with the dealer.I am looking for opinions before I go forth buying them.

kunaldiscus01
05-19-2017, 07:31 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99JZeo5bXYI

DatDiscusDude
05-19-2017, 11:53 AM
The clip didnt work...?