PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lips after a full day of aggressive lip locking

sanjay21
05-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, need your help here. My two blue scorpions have been trying to pair up for a long time cleaning surface together and dancing. But there were never eggs, both of them are also vigorous eaters. Until yesterday they both started fighting each other and ended up having really bad swollen lips. They both haven't eaten yesterday and even this morning.
Any suggestions or precautions I need to take ? One of the blue(assuming it's a male) even has a lot of bruises on its forehead and it slowed down in the tank.

sanjay21
05-24-2017, 01:55 PM

Here are some images

jmf3460
05-24-2017, 03:12 PM
good lord, they were really going at it huh. I would say leave it alone and make sure to keep water quality impeccable to avoid any bacterial infection from happening. You could add salt to ease the stress if you want it cant hurt.

sanjay21
05-24-2017, 03:47 PM
good lord, they were really going at it huh. I would say leave it alone and make sure to keep water quality impeccable to avoid any bacterial infection from happening. You could add salt to ease the stress if you want it cant hurt.

Thanks Jacklyn ! will do what you said. And yes it looks really bad than in pictures.

jmf3460
05-24-2017, 04:38 PM
keep a watchful eye, if you start to see open sores then you may have a bacterial infection. but more than likely with clean water, bacteria will not spread.

sanjay21
05-24-2017, 05:09 PM
keep a watchful eye, if you start to see open sores then you may have a bacterial infection. but more than likely with clean water, bacteria will not spread.
I do see some cracks on the male's forehead. I'm just hoping that its not a big wound. I will do daily water changes for a week.