PDA

View Full Version : 20 mixed strains, my community tank. Need ID of the strains.

AlphaFins
05-27-2017, 02:27 AM
Hello everyone, after introducing my first two tanks (the rafflesia breeding pair and the yellows) this is my third and favourite tank. It has 20 Malaysian Discus of mixed strains. The tank is a basic white for now but i will slowly and gradually turn it into much more, maybe planted or maybe bare bottom with a DIY 3D background with underwater waterfall or maybe just add a piece of driftwood. All suggestions welcome of please link me to your community tanks if you have any suggestions.

I can identify a few of these, but most of them seem to be crossed with some other strains. Please help me with the strain ID or if there is no ID please lemme know what parents would result in crosses like these.

AlphaFins
05-27-2017, 02:28 AM
And the remaining.

AlphaFins
05-27-2017, 02:31 AM
And the last remaining, sorry about the load warning.

AlphaFins
05-27-2017, 10:12 AM
No help regarding strains?

I know there is a couple of heckle crosses in there and one of cobalt or blue diamond, rest are all crosses.

Ryan925
05-27-2017, 01:04 PM
I would say it's a bit tough to tell at that age. Once they at start to develop some more pattern and color may be easier to tell. Def see cobalt in there though. Maybe some ss crosses and heckel crosses

AlphaFins
05-30-2017, 07:36 AM
Aye cheers. Can't even tell if there are any albinos in em?

Dhavalsp
05-31-2017, 01:28 PM
I can definitely see heckle cross, cobalt, red turq, something similar to blue pigeon blood(check stendker strain).....I can positively say that you don't have any solid red/ orange in there.... its a good looking group.

What is the plan here, are you planning to grow them all out?

bluelagoon
06-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Aye cheers. Can't even tell if there are any albinos in em?

If they have red or pink pupils,they are albino.

AlphaFins
06-03-2017, 08:58 PM
I can definitely see heckle cross, cobalt, red turq, something similar to blue pigeon blood(check stendker strain).....I can positively say that you don't have any solid red/ orange in there.... its a good looking group.

What is the plan here, are you planning to grow them all out?

Yes will grow them out, still deciding weather to leave the tank barebottom or make it planted and make a 3D background. Would love to see them grow up and make some mixed pairs.

If they have red or pink pupils,they are albino.

Ah none then.