PDA

View Full Version : Flake Food

pmkappy
06-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Hi Y'all, I just got a 1/2# of Ken's Premium BH Flakes and my Discus don't want it. I don't want it to go to waste so I would like to give it to who ever can use it. Send me a email with your shipping info and I will send it . No charge for the flakes or the shipping. Paul Kaplowitz pmkappy@gmail.com

Ryan925
06-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Hi Y'all, I just got a 1/2# of Ken's Premium BH Flakes and my Discus don't want it. I don't want it to go to waste so I would like to give it to who ever can use it. Send me a email with your shipping info and I will send it . No charge for the flakes or the shipping. Paul Kaplowitz pmkappy@gmail.com

Discus are usually picky with new foods. Mine love that flake. Just introduce small amounts to begin with. Feed new foods first thing in the morning. Eventually they well take to it and eat it.

Neptune
06-04-2017, 07:59 PM
ya you gotta give them some time with a new food. sometimes two weeks.
Feed them small amounts for their first meal in the am and be patient.

pmkappy
06-04-2017, 10:44 PM
Food is gone. Sent to a nice lady. PMK

Ryan925
06-04-2017, 11:21 PM
Not only with this but any future foods do not give up. Only way to get your discus to eat a quality varied diet is patience and persistence. There was a time I thought I wouldn't be able to get mine to accept any new foods but now I am able to feed many things.

pmkappy
06-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Hey Ryan, While we are on the subject of food - I read a thread about folks feeding Georgia Red Wriggler worms. I threw some small earth worms in the tank and there was no interest. Have you ever tried feeding live wrigglers or earth worms? As far as the flakes, next time I'll be more patient

Ryan925
06-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Hey Ryan, While we are on the subject of food - I read a thread about folks feeding Georgia Red Wriggler worms. I threw some small earth worms in the tank and there was no interest. Have you ever tried feeding live wrigglers or earth worms? As far as the flakes, next time I'll be more patient

I haven't done live foods but I know some people do. Just need to be careful of pathogens and such.

DISCUS STU
06-07-2017, 11:11 AM
My fish eat almost anything with the exception of Ocean Nutrition's so called "Discus Pellets" but they do eat all types of flakes so don't give up and give them a chance to get used to it.

Sometimes a "dither" fish, a fish other than a Discus like an Angel, eating something will get them going but this really shouldn't be necessary.

White Worm
06-07-2017, 11:44 AM
I have yet to see a discus turn down white worms. Do some research and see if you can get your hands on a culture. Very easy to cultivate and feed.

pmkappy
06-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Thanks Guys

brewmaster15
06-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Paul sorry your flakes didnt go over well. But I do commend you on passing it along to another hobbyist to try.:thumbsup:
Al