PDA

View Full Version : Hello from San Diego!

true2uroots
06-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I thought I should finally introduce myself after researching and learning about proper care of discus for a month through the forum. I went and bought a 80 gallon tall tank that came with a bag of Caribsea jellybeans(still debating on taking it out or not) from my LFS. I started with fishless cycling and it's been going on for a month now finally seeing nitrAtes which is good! I thought this would be a great new hobby since all I do now is school and not work (100% disabled veteran USMC), I needed something to do with all this free time I have, so this is perfect I can devote the proper time and care for my future set of 7 discus from Kenny. Really looking forward to learning more new things from the forum and from everyone. Thanks!

-Anthony

Ryan925
06-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I thought I should finally introduce myself after researching and learning about proper care of discus for a month through the forum. I went and bought a 80 gallon tall tank that came with a bag of Caribsea jellybeans(still debating on taking it out or not) from my LFS. I started with fishless cycling and it's been going on for a month now finally seeing nitrAtes which is good! I thought this would be a great new hobby since all I do now is school and not work (100% disabled veteran USMC), I needed something to do with all this free time I have, so this is perfect I can devote the proper time and care for my future set of 7 discus from Kenny. Really looking forward to learning more new things from the forum and from everyone. Thanks!

-Anthony

Welcome and good luck. Sounds like you are off to a good start with researching things first.

Having the necessary time to devote to the hobby is key and a big thank you for your service

true2uroots
06-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Really looking forward to starting​ this hobby!

Welcome and good
luck. Sounds like you are off to a good start with researching things first.

Having the necessary time to devote to the hobby is key and a big thank you for your service

Phillydubs
06-13-2017, 01:59 PM
Welcome!