View Full Version : Unbelievable......................

zippy
06-26-2017, 09:10 PM
I got my 10 Discus from Kenny on May 23rd. They are all 4 to 4.5 size. I have had them 35 days. They have grown very quickly and eat like sharks, doesn't matter what I feed them. I've been changing 80 gals a day from my 90 gal tank. I'm using straight tap water treated with Seachem Safe.

Today I have had three different pairs lay eggs. Two of the pairs ate the eggs. The third pair is currently guarding their eggs like good parents. I realize my ph at 7.9 to 8.0 will probably prevent them from hatching but extremely interesting to watch. I'll try to get some pictures.

This is a real testimony to the quality of Kenny's fish and his ability to provide these fish to everyone. I am so grateful to Jenene will introducing me to Kenny.
Zippy

Neptune
06-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Congrats!
It is fun to watch them lay and guard the eggs!

Clawhammer
06-26-2017, 10:11 PM
The third pair is currently guarding their eggs like good parents. I realize my ph at 7.9 to 8.0 will probably prevent them from hatching but extremely interesting to watch. I
Zippy

The other fish will get the eggs, not your pH. I think pH needs to just be stable, the key to hatching is a TDS below 100 (or so I have read on this forum). Great choice working with Kenny. Post some pictures!

ssevasta
06-27-2017, 12:44 AM
The other fish will get the eggs, not your pH. I think pH needs to just be stable, the key to hatching is a TDS below 100 (or so I have read on this forum). Great choice working with Kenny. Post some pictures!
It would be more accurate to say that the key to a higher % of eggs hatching is a lower tds. You can still have eggs hatch in harder water conditions.

sanjay21
06-27-2017, 03:57 PM
It would be more accurate to say that the key to a higher % of eggs hatching is a lower tds. You can still have eggs hatch in harder water conditions.
+1 true ! I had success hatching eggs with ph 8.0 and tds over 300. You get more success rate with lower tds. However, I do have some pairs frequently laying eggs but no success..

zippy
06-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Picture of my Snow White laying eggs.........

ssevasta
06-28-2017, 02:22 PM
That's a beautiful Snow White. I wish I had one like that to cross with one of my male Leopard snakeskins from Hans.