PDA

View Full Version : Your Place, Your Beer!

Pages : [1] 2

brewmaster15
06-27-2017, 04:02 PM
As fitting this time of year... Its Beer Season. Though Beer is good year round, theres just something really perfect about Beer and Summertime. How about a thread with nothing but Beer. :) Post a pic of your favorite Brewsky. What are you drinking. Are you a beer snob, or a bud lite guy/gal? Find something different that you just want to share... hanging out with the friends for a cold one... Post it. Lets see what you got going on in your area for beer. Only rule... its got to be your beer, no yanking canned images.

al

brewmaster15
06-27-2017, 04:09 PM
I will start...

Really like this one....

LizStreithorst
06-27-2017, 04:14 PM
I will start off by breaking the only rule. This is not my beer, but it's the best beer I have ever had. Josie served it to me when I visited her in Chicago. It's called Kentucky Bourbon Barrel. It cost $12. for 4 bottles of beer but it's so good, it's worth it.

My favorite Mississippi bear is called Southern Pecan. You can clearly taste the nutty pecan undertones. Good stuff.

brewmaster15
06-27-2017, 04:17 PM
I will start off by breaking the only rule. This is not my beer, but it's the best beer I have ever had. Josie served it to me when I visited her in Chicago. It's called Kentucky Bourbon Barrel. It cost $12. for 4 bottles of beer but it's so good, it's worth it.

My favorite Mississippi bear is called Southern Pecan. You can clearly taste the nutty pecan undertones. Good stuff.

Its still within the rules.. :) You drank it, so it was yours for a moment:evilgrin:

Clawhammer
06-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Nice choice of topics and beer Al!

I moved out here to Beervana (Portland OR) about 3 years ago and I still haven't visited all the breweries (64 within city limits). Between the great water (which I have mentioned a few times in regard to discus) combined with the perfect conditions for growing hops (cascade, simcoe, chinook, mosaic are all from PNW) there are especially good IPA's. In the fall there are a ton of "fresh hopped" beers that use non-dried hops, which are my favorite. In fact, in my neighborhood there is an annual "Fresh Hop Fest" where all the local fresh hop beers are available.

Here is what is in my fridge now:

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 11:45 AM
I will start...

Really like this one....

That's one of my favs Al

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Cool Guys those look like some good brews!

Maybe we should expand this thread to include Brewery Pictures as well..:)

al

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 12:15 PM
Cool Guys those look like some good brews!

Maybe we should expand this thread to include Brewery Pictures as well..:)

al

Eric and I are both very fortunate to be in the very Pacific northwest right in the midst of the craft brew explosion

Here's one similar to the one you recommended Liz 110704

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Nice choice of topics and beer Al!

I moved out here to Beervana (Portland OR) about 3 years ago and I still haven't visited all the breweries (64 within city limits). Between the great water (which I have mentioned a few times in regard to discus) combined with the perfect conditions for growing hops (cascade, simcoe, chinook, mosaic are all from PNW) there are especially good IPA's. In the fall there are a ton of "fresh hopped" beers that use non-dried hops, which are my favorite. In fact, in my neighborhood there is an annual "Fresh Hop Fest" where all the local fresh hop beers are available.

Here is what is in my fridge now:

This is one of my fav Oregon beers.

Have you been to boneyard? I think that is my current fav. It's really cool you choose your beer and they can the growlers for you. They have some intense hop loaded brews110705

pamdb33
06-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Here is one of my favs.... Ruby Social from UpStreet Brewery. A local joint located here in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Eric and I are both very fortunate to be in the very Pacific northwest right in the midst of the craft brew explosion

You may laugh at this Ryan, but CT is becoming a hot spot now for brewing beer. We have seen a boom in vineyards the last 10 years but now the trend is also Beer Breweries. The last few years its been phenomenal how many craft breweries are popping up...

http://ctbeertrail.net/page/breweries-1

Breweries are the backbone of the CT Beer Trail including:

Thomas Hooker Brewing Company
Olde Burnside Brewing Company
New England Brewing Company
Cottrell Brewing Company
City Steam Brewery Cafe
Back East Brewing Company
Half Full Brewery
Relic Brewing
Two Roads Brewing Company
Beer'd Brewing Co.
Thimble Island Brewing Co.
Southport Brewing Company Restaurant & Brewery
Shebeen Brewing
Top Shelf Brewing
Broadbrook Brewing
Firefly Hollow Brewing
Stubborn Beauty Brewing
Overshores Brewing Co.
DuVig Brewing Co.
Black Hog Brewing Co.
Stony Creek Brewery
Powder Hollow Brewery
Black Pond Brewing
Outer Light Brewing Co.
Still Hill Brewery
Cold Creek Brewery
No Worries Brewing
Kent Falls Brewing
OEC Brewing
Veracious Brewing
Steady Habit Brewing
Brewery Legitimus
30 Mile Brewing
Brass Works Brewing
Forest City Brewing
Hanging Hills Brewing
Fairfield Craft Ales
Did we miss anyone, please let us know...

Notice any changes to our listing? We've listened to your feedback.

Other local brands (contract brewers):

Soundview Brewing Company
Weed Brewing Company
Safe Harbor Beer
Beaver Beer Co.
The Hartford Better Beer Co

Additionally a number of breweries are in an early phase of development. The following is a list of those future breweries currently associated with this site:

Witchdoctor Brewing Co.
Hog River Brewing Co.
New Park Brewing Co.
Lock City Brewing Co.
Labyrinth Brewing Co.
Alvarium Beer Co.

CT is pretty small state... check it out!

even have an app for the CT BEER trail!

Even the farms out here are getting into it. I could have told them Hops grew well here :) but one of the farms here in my town has been planting hops the last year and this year they have planted more with plans to expand.

Pretty cool stuff! I love seeing these things develop. I think I have close to 10 Breweries within 20 mins of my house. :)

al

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 12:44 PM
You may laugh at this Ryan, but CT is becoming a hot spot now for brewing beer. We have seen a boom in vineyards the last 10 years but now the trend is also Beer Breweries. The last few years its been phenomenal how many craft breweries are popping up...

Even the farms out here are getting into it. I could have told them Hops grew well here :) but one of the farms here in my town has been planting hops the last year and this year they have planted more with plans to expand.

Pretty cool stuff! I love seeing these things develop. I think I have close to 10 Breweries within 20 mins of my house. :)

al

Oh yeah that is also a great area. Its really nice to see it spread all over the country. One of my favs is dogfishhead which I believe is in Delaware if I'm not mistaken

Portland is beer heaven though. It's nice to run down yo your local wal mart type store and get a growler filled at the same time lol

Eric you are a luck my man lol

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 12:47 PM
This is one of my fav Oregon beers.

Have you been to boneyard? I think that is my current fav. It's really cool you choose your beer and they can the growlers for you. They have some intense hop loaded brews

Yes, I checked out both Boneyard and Deschutes a few weeks ago when I was down in Bend and visited Ninkasi a couple months ago while I was down in Eugene. I love roadtrips in Oregon; I always pair a great nature excursion with a trip to a brewery. My #1 go to trip like this for visitors is to visit Multnomah Falls and then head over to Hood River and eat/drink at Pfriem.

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 12:49 PM

al

It great to see craft beer exploding everywhere... I travel to CT a lot for business, I will have to check these out!

One of the best things about Portland's breweries is the convenience of great public transportation (light rail / trolly) so you can go from brewery to brewery and not have to find a designated driver.

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 12:56 PM
It great to see craft beer exploding everywhere... I travel to CT a lot for business, I will have to check these out!

One of the best things about Portland's breweries is the convenience of great public transportation (light rail / trolly) so you can go from brewery to brewery and not have to find a designated driver.

Next time you find yourself in CT, let me know if you have some free time..:)
al

RogueDiscus
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
I am also a fan of Eric's favorite Deschutes Fresh Squeeze IPA, but here's my everyday beer :)

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 02:47 PM
I am also a fan of Eric's favorite Deschutes Fresh Squeeze IPA, but here's my everyday beer :)

I love the many brews of Sierra. Their brewery is quite nice also. Here is my fav everyday beer 110713

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Yes, I checked out both Boneyard and Deschutes a few weeks ago when I was down in Bend and visited Ninkasi a couple months ago while I was down in Eugene. I love roadtrips in Oregon; I always pair a great nature excursion with a trip to a brewery. My #1 go to trip like this for visitors is to visit Multnomah Falls and then head over to Hood River and eat/drink at Pfriem.

Nice. Have you been to rogue ? They opened a small place in San Francisco. Obviously their beer is amazing but their food was really impressive as well

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 02:53 PM
Next time you find yourself in CT, let me know if you have some free time..:)
al

I look forward to it Al!

RogueDiscus
06-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Nice. Have you been to rogue ? They opened a small place in San Francisco. Obviously their beer is amazing but their food was really impressive as well

That's my backyard. Their beers are great, but a bit expensive for regular consumption.

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 02:59 PM
That's my backyard. Their beers are great, but a bit expensive for regular consumption.

The price we pay for great beer :)

Here is a small brewery we visited in Scottsdale while there for spring training baseball. The owner took us downstairs to their private brew room was pretty cool. 110714

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 03:03 PM
My last care package from Oregon:)110715

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 03:24 PM
I love a good ale, but also really love my stouts. I used to brew some seriously good chocolate stouts so I try stouts everywhere I can. One of our local breweries has one thats very different.

It tastes like a chocolate stout but it looks like a golden Ale. Really good on a hot day!
Al

RogueDiscus
06-28-2017, 03:27 PM
I love a good ale, but also really love my stouts. I used ti brew some seriously good chocolate stouts so I try stouts everywhere I can. One of our local breweries has one thats very different.

It tastes like a chocolate stout but it looks like a golden Ale. Really good on a hot day!
Al

That sounds great! Is it lighter then, also?

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 03:27 PM
My last care package from Oregon:)110715

I love Ex Novo beer, and they are a nonprofit brewery to boot.. Put that one on your list for your next visit. They also have candied bacon on the menu, which I am obsessed with.

RogueDiscus
06-28-2017, 03:29 PM
Eric, I'm going to have to come visit you in Portland (if my wife will let me :) )

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 03:31 PM
Eric, I'm going to have to come visit you in Portland (if my wife will let me :) )

Would love to have some beers and talk discus!

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 03:31 PM
Im pretty picky about my stouts and I enjoy a good guiness on tap at the pub... i had not been able to find a stout with a good head on it .... the guiness with the widgets in the can are great for that but then I tried this
one...

One of new favorites... even has that classic rolling head to it.

Al

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 03:32 PM
That sounds great! Is it lighter then, also?
yes...its really a great one.

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Im pretty picky about my stouts and I enjoy a good guiness on tap at the pub... i had not been able to find a stout with a good head on it .... the guiness with the widgets in the can are great for that but then I tried this
one...

One of new favorites... even has that classic rolling head to it.

Al

Love the milk stouts. Stone has a coffee milk stout that is really really good. Also love bourbon stouts and also imperial stouts

Can't forget oatmeal stout either

RogueDiscus
06-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Ahhh... the brown and tan!

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 04:14 PM
Ahhh... the brown and tan!

Something so refreshing about a black and tan

Here is my fav rogue brew right now this beer is one of my all time favs110724

RogueDiscus
06-28-2017, 04:30 PM
I heard the phase a while back. Maybe it's black and tan :)

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Too bad we are all at different ends of the country ...lol..i think we'd have a blast hanging out as bunch of beer snobs...i mean beer lovers.:)

This is a pretty good one. Id like more hops in it but still tasty stuff.

I like when they give you the details....

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Too bad we are all at different ends of the country ...lol..i think we'd have a blast hanging out as bunch of beer snobs...i mean beer lovers.:)

I like that as well. For me the more IBU the better. I like the hops in my face lol110727

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 05:36 PM
I heard the phase a while back. Maybe it's black and tan :)

I like to modify my black and tan from the original version and use your fav Sierra pale in place of the bass

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 06:39 PM

Perfect color on that IPA, looks great. Some of my favorite hop varieties too. The last couple of falls the trend has been single hopped IPA's out here, which is cool because you can get a good feel for the differences between different hop varieties. I have been seeing quite a few unflitered IPA's recently too, which I really like.

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 06:42 PM
This ones a good one...unfiltered so it has some sediment that settles out...much like a homebrew...probably why I like it. Its from Massachusettes...

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 06:44 PM
Perfect color on that IPA, looks great. Some of my favorite hop varieties too. The last couple of falls the trend has been single hopped IPA's out here, which is cool because you can get a good feel for the differences between different hop varieties. I have been seeing quite a few unflitered IPA's recently too, which I really like.

Lol...i just posted one of the unfiltered ones while you were typing!

matt2426
06-28-2017, 07:03 PM

Love some Darkhorse here in Michigan

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Tried this one recently. Was quite tasty. Love a big beer. At over 10% we are creeping up into barleywine territory

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 07:18 PM

Love some Darkhorse here in Michigan

Mmmmm...stout! :)

matt2426
06-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Mmmmm...stout! :)

a very good stout too Al love this thread!

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 07:28 PM
So whats your least favorite beer? I have two. I can't stomach wheat beers...just not my thing for many reasons and lite beers. Im sorry. I get the cutting back calorie thing with lite beer but it just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe if there was a hoppy lite I might like it...any one know of any? ...probably not.

How about commercial large scale beers whats you favorite? Id have to say my fav 4 would be guiness ,haffenreffer, miller genuine draft, and heineken. Dont ask why on these...just lots of memories there.

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 07:55 PM
I love wheat beers, well hefeweizen anyway... Al, you should visit Germany, find a nice cafe in a central square on a nice day and try a hefe in that setting, you will fall in love :)

Different strokes for different folks!

My least favorite kind of beer is lite beer, Heineken, and anything aged in a bourbon or wine barrel. The only time I have enjoyed lite beer is on business travel in China... Snow Beer, Qingdao, and Taiwan beer are pretty refreshing.

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 08:22 PM
So whats your least favorite beer? I have two. I can't stomach wheat beers...just not my thing for many reasons and lite beers. Im sorry. I get the cutting back calorie thing with lite beer but it just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe if there was a hoppy lite I might like it...any one know of any? ...probably not.

How about commercial large scale beers whats you favorite? Id have to say my fav 4 would be guiness ,haffenreffer, miller genuine draft, and heineken. Dont ask why on these...just lots of memories there.

I can't stand whites...things like Belgium wits. I really don't like that spicy, floral fruitiness. Not a fan of heavily spiced beers either...something like saisons or the like.

As far as commercial beers I am a guineas lover. All of the American ales like bud etc don't really do it for me but if I had to choose it would be a Coors original. There is a good time and place for Mexican beer also. Modelo is my choice there. Sushi or japanese/Chinese restaurant I go Kirin Ichiban

I love wheat beers, well hefeweizen anyway... Al, you should visit Germany, find a nice cafe in a central square on a nice day and try a hefe in that setting, you will fall in love :)

Different strokes for different folks!

My least favorite kind of beer is lite beer, Heineken, and anything aged in a bourbon or wine barrel. The only time I have enjoyed lite beer is on business travel in China... Snow Beer, Qingdao, and Taiwan beer are pretty refreshing.

Lol Hef was my gateway beer. Drank that for many years which was my transition to the beers I love today. I can still take down an icecold hef on a hot day

brewmaster15
06-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Lol...hef was my gateway beer also... we called it the green monster.:)

Clawhammer
06-28-2017, 09:33 PM
You know what, hef was my gateway too... lol.

LizStreithorst
06-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Since I'm a well functioning beeraholic, I'll admit to drinking Budweiser and Corona as staples. Yes, I am ashamed. Once I bought Blue Moon because I liked the name. It was so bad I couldn't drink it. I gave it to a real alcoholic and he couldn't even drink it. There was nothing beer-like about it other than the fizz. I've never understood why people enjoy "lite" beers. To me they have no flavor.

Ryan925
06-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Since I'm a well functioning beeraholic, I'll admit to drinking Budweiser and Corona as staples. Yes, I am ashamed. Once I bought Blue Moon because I liked the name. It was so bad I couldn't drink it. I gave it to a real alcoholic and he couldn't even drink it. There was nothing beer-like about it other than the fizz. I've never understood why people enjoy "lite" beers. To me they have no flavor.

+1 on the blue moon. Yuck! That's one if those Belgium wits that I can't stand. I'd take a bud over that any day

Here is my staple

And tonight's choice 110751

LizStreithorst
06-29-2017, 08:35 PM
If any of y'all see this please buy it and post about it so I can relive how wonderful it is..http://www.kentuckyale.com/products/lexington-brewing-company/kentucky-bourbon-barrel-ale

RogueDiscus
06-30-2017, 03:27 PM
I couldn't let this thread die without posting another of my favorites. Another Southern Oregon brew.

brewmaster15
06-30-2017, 10:55 PM
I couldn't let this thread die without posting another of my favorites. Another Southern Oregon brew.

Oh I don't think this thread will die....There's too many good Beers out there for that!

Problem is people don't want to put them down long enough to post about them! :)
Al

Ryan925
06-30-2017, 11:37 PM

I'm surprised there are so few of us hop heads here

brewmaster15
07-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Im no fan of canned beer....i just cant get past the homebrew days when I bottled all my ales and stouts. That plus any domestic mass produced beer I have ever had from a can let me with a metalic taste in my mouth.

So I would never have bought a canned ale.. but I am not adverse to accepting some given to me to try..

so I tried this one... love dogfish head ale anyhow. I was not disappointed!

110800 110801

I'd buy it ... Great canned ale!

al

RogueDiscus
07-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Ya, I'm dissapointed that Caldera doesn't seem to bottle their beers. they have many good ones. Growlers are pretty popular around here. Bring your own bottle (they look like old brown moonshine jugs) and fill up at the tap. There are several places in town that carry a wide variety and cater to that crowd.

Ryan925
07-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Im no fan of canned beer....i just cant get past the homebrew days when I bottled all my ales and stouts. That plus any domestic mass produced beer I have ever had from a can let me with a metalic taste in my mouth.

So I would never have bought a canned ale.. but I am not adverse to accepting some given to me to try..

so I tried this one... love dogfish head ale anyhow. I was not disappointed!

110800 110801

I'd buy it ... Great canned ale!

al

They actually are canning great beers these days. I actually am buying more cans than bottles these days. Less room in the trash lol.

Not like the old days of a crappy tasting beer with hint of aluminum

LizStreithorst
07-02-2017, 02:46 PM
I started drinking canned beer when my garbage was getting too heavy and I was afraid the garbage men would see all those bottles and know the truth lol. I found that when I poured the beer into a glass it didn't have that aftertaste. I got a couple of great beer glasses at NADA last year. They have the Chicago skyline on one side and a Discus engraved on the other side. I use those.

It was great when my neighbor saved up can and when the price of aluminum went up, would take a ton of them to the scrap metal place. He donated the money to the poor people in Honduras that they visit and help as they can. He can't do that anymore due to his health problems. The price of aluminum must be close to nothing now. I don't even see poor people collecting cans along the road who I could give them to. They go to the land fill.

RogueDiscus
07-02-2017, 03:52 PM
We have a 10 cent deposit on them here in Oregon. It's intended to reduce litter and encourage recycling, but it also ends up supporting the homeless population.

brewmaster15
07-02-2017, 06:09 PM
We have deposits also here in CT.

One thing I really like is my local grocery store "big y" has really upped their beer game and expanded what they carry. But whats really great is they added a section where you can pick and mix a 6 pack. It makes it sooooooo easy to try new ones.

brewmaster15
07-02-2017, 06:12 PM
I know we have budweiser fans out there and coors and bush.. heck I was just reminescing with a friend about our black label pabst days.... doesnt matter what you drink...post it up. This is a thread celebrating beer!
al

Clawhammer
07-02-2017, 07:59 PM

Workhorse IPA at Laurelwood brewery, in my hood. One of my top five IPA's. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

brewmaster15
07-02-2017, 08:33 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this lager by Sam Adams... almost Ale like...good on a hot day like today after I mowed the lawn!

btrader
07-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Mackay Creek by Salt Marsh Brewery sold out of Fat Patties in Bluffton SC. It is a New England IPA so.. so good.

btrader
07-03-2017, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Ryan925;1266384]+1 on the blue moon. Yuck! That's one if those Belgium wits that I can't stand. I'd take a bud over that any day

Here is my staple

Went to the Sierra Nevada brewery in NC. It was so cool, like a theme park for adults.

btrader
07-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Charles Towne Fermentory in Charleston SC. Covercraft IPA 7%, another New England IPA. My favorite brewery.

btrader
07-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Black IPA I brewed.

RogueDiscus
07-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Watch for new labels coming out soon with "Certified Independent Craft" printed on them. They're intended to help identify the true craft brews out there as opposed to those made to look like them made by the five big multinational conglomerates that dominate 80% of the beer industry.

gunnerschh2
07-05-2017, 12:52 PM
I know we have budweiser fans out there and coors and bush.. heck I was just reminescing with a friend about our black label pabst days.... doesnt matter what you drink...post it up. This is a thread celebrating beer!
al

sure do remember BALINTINE & SCHMIDTHS.Sorry about the spelling haven't seen a bottle of them in years.

btrader
07-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Some guys in the brew club had a rare beer sharing. All the beers that people brought where sours, some great beer though.

brewmaster15
07-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Thats my kind of club!!!!!!!!!!!!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
al

Neptune
07-06-2017, 09:19 PM
hey it was hot over the 4th!

brewmaster15
07-06-2017, 10:33 PM
silver bullet on a hot day.... sounds about right!

al

Ryan925
07-07-2017, 10:44 PM
al

Here is an amazing beer by an amazing brewery that brews in Fairfield, CA the home of Budweiser out here

Clawhammer
07-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Here is an amazing beer by an amazing brewery that brews in Fairfield, CA the home of Budweiser out here

Im keeping an eye out for that one!

Fishquake
07-09-2017, 06:46 PM

LizStreithorst
07-09-2017, 07:17 PM
I'm cooking with Sam Adams Boston Lagar. It's a great beer for cooking... more mellow and not bitter like the IPA's.

Keith Perkins
07-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Wisconsin's favorite beer...

...free beer. This was the best of the 3 left over from the 4th of July gathering. The brother-in-law always brings an assortment of what's in his fridge.

RogueDiscus
07-14-2017, 06:30 PM
OK, I need to see a beer!

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 04:48 PM
OK, I need to see a beer!

Ok...todays selections

ventura
07-15-2017, 05:01 PM
You guys know how party! Making me very thirsty. Have to see what I have in the fridge.
Lou

ventura
07-15-2017, 05:07 PM
You guys know how party! Making me very thirsty. Have to see what I have in the fridge.
Lou

anyone have this one?

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Lou

anyone have this one?

I have not Lou. Nice to see another hophead here though:)

ventura
07-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I got hooked on hops a few years ago .Used to be a coors and bud guy but a few of my buds got into drinking micro and it grew on me. I like stouts too but nothing beats a hoppy Ipa for me.
Lou

Clawhammer
07-15-2017, 05:52 PM
Here's what I'm drinking :)

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I got hooked on hops a few years ago .Used to be a coors and bud guy but a few of my buds got into drinking micro and it grew on me. I like stouts too but nothing beats a hoppy Ipa for me.
Lou

Lol I'm the opposite I've been getting all my friends off of their crappy beers.

I am a stout and porter found as well but for the a bitter ipa is best as well

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Here's what I'm drinking :)

Oooh have never have that from ninkasi.

Clawhammer
07-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Its pretty good. A little malty at first (for my taste) but a good hoppy aftertaste

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 06:02 PM
Its pretty good. A little malty at first (for my taste) but a good hoppy aftertaste

Will have to check it out. I don't find many pales I like. Sierra is probably the most flavorful so usually most other pales fail in comparison

brewmaster15
07-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Lou

Knew there were more of us here.:)

I'm drinking coffee stout by a local brewery...Thimble Island.

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 06:18 PM

Yum. Love a good coffee stout. This past weekend went to a fundraiser for a friend that just passed. Had a delicious oatmeal stout and also a Russian imperial stout

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 06:24 PM
If you can find this revolver series give it a try. It's really nice that they load the beer with a single hop so you can really get a feel for that particular variety. This one is Ella and the last was Mosaic111080111081

brewmaster15
07-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Russian imperial stouts, now thats one I havent had in a while. I know whats on the beer list next trip out.:)

Ryan925
07-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Russian imperial stouts, now thats one I havent had in a while. I know whats on the beer list next trip out.:)

Oh ya love those imperials. That little bit of alcohol heat gives it another dimension

Keith Perkins
07-15-2017, 09:35 PM

I want a least one of these at the next nada show.

Jenene
07-16-2017, 02:26 AM
Thought of you guys tonight when we visited a new hot spot just around the corner from us. It's called WhichCraft Brews. It has 54 micro brews from all over on it's menu.
Couldn't decide on one so we got flights. The first one was a Milk Stout called Carton of Milk, the next was a stout called Coffee Barbary Coast, the next was BA Baltic Porter, and the last was "dessert" a Cran-Mango Cider. They are dangerous though with the higher alcohol. �� Here's a link to the menu of brews. Pretty interestering collection.

http://www.whichcraftbrews.com/on-tap.html

brewmaster15
07-16-2017, 06:50 AM
Thought of you guys tonight when we visited a new hot spot just around the corner from us. It's called WhichCraft Brews. It has 54 micro brews from all over on it's menu.
Couldn't decide on one so we got flights. The first one was a Milk Stout called Carton of Milk, the next was a stout called Coffee Barbary Coast, the next was BA Baltic Porter, and the last was "dessert" a Cran-Mango Cider. They are dangerous though with the higher alcohol. �� Here's a link to the menu of brews. Pretty interestering collection.

Very cool Jenene! Sounds like my kind of place. Looks like theres alot going on in the Picture? Is that a car I see in the background?

al

Jenene
07-16-2017, 08:09 AM
Lol! Nothing gets by you Al! It's actually a food truck right inside the place. Andy and I thought it takes up too much space but it was a cute idea. The place is kind of loud because of the industrial style decor that seems to be the thing to do these days but it is a fun place. Maybe a possible destination for the two of you. I can take Becky and Ethan to the brand new Napa Valley Wood Fired Pizza Bistro next door to it. ;)

Keith Perkins
07-16-2017, 08:26 AM

Hmm and I'm going to be in Rochester all next week.

Jenene
07-16-2017, 08:43 AM
Hmm and I'm going to be in Rochester all next week.

PM me Keith. We can head over there and come back to the house for a nice dinner. It's only 1 1/2 miles from us!

brewmaster15
07-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Lol! Nothing gets by you Al! It's actually a food truck right inside the place. Andy and I thought it takes up too much space but it was a cute idea. The place is kind of loud because of the industrial style decor that seems to be the thing to do these days but it is a fun place. Maybe a possible destination for the two of you. I can take Becky and Ethan to the brand new Napa Valley Wood Fired Pizza Bistro next door to it. ;)

Cool ! Thanks!:)

rickztahone
07-16-2017, 11:12 AM
My least favorite beer is probably a tie between bud light and corona.

If I head to Bevmo I'll try new beers but always tend to add PranQster beer to my shopping list. I tried Sculpin by ballast point last week and really enjoyed it.

Drinks I tend to stay away from are the coffee'ish ones as well as anything with apples. Not my thing.

Love bitter beers, so more hops:)

Ryan925
07-16-2017, 01:12 PM
My least favorite beer is probably a tie between bud light and corona.

If I head to Bevmo I'll try new beers but always tend to add PranQster beer to my shopping list. I tried Sculpin by ballast point last week and really enjoyed it.

Drinks I tend to stay away from are the coffee'ish ones as well as anything with apples. Not my thing.

Love bitter beers, so more hops:)

Sculpin is really good but a bit pricey at around $15 per six pack. I really like the pineapple and grapefruit sculpin as well. Really anything by ballast point is really good

btrader
07-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Brewing a Founder's Mosaic Promise IPA

brewmaster15
07-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Brewing a Founder's Mosaic Promise IPA
brewing it or drinking it? :)

brewmaster15
07-16-2017, 07:24 PM
A little light on hops but great with sausage burgers!

Ryan925
07-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Here's a coffee brew for ya Al111097

brewmaster15
07-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Here's a coffee brew for ya Al111097
Nice! Havent seen any Rogue ales here yet but I keep looking.

Its pretty cool that we have a moderator here at Simply these Ales are named after.:) just one more thing that makes us great!:evilgrin:

Ryan925
07-16-2017, 08:08 PM
Nice! Havent seen any Rogue ales here yet but I keep looking.

Its pretty cool that we have a moderator here at Simply these Ales are named after.:) just one more thing that makes us great!:evilgrin:

Do you have a world market near you? They carry rogue here but may be a geographical thing.

Rogue has so many brews and they are really good

RogueDiscus
07-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Did I hear my name? Yes, many things in this area are named for the beautiful Rogue River and valley. Their beers are outstanding. I can hardly keep up with all the craft brews these days. I'm wondering if I can bring some Rogue ales to NADA next year? Hmmm...Sounds like we could have a convention within a convention :)

Ryan925
07-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Did I hear my name? Yes, many things in this area are named for the beautiful Rogue River and valley. Their beers are outstanding. I can hardly keep up with all the craft brews these days. I'm wondering if I can bring some Rogue ales to NADA next year? Hmmm...Sounds like we could have a convention within a convention :)

One time my dad brought me a case of 22s from rogue that he got on the cheap. It was a double chocolate stout that they had run out of bottles for. They bottled it in the voodoo bottles so they sold them for really cheap. You can keep an eye out for things like that also since you are right about them being pricey.

Clawhammer
07-19-2017, 07:51 PM
First time trying this IIPA and I strongly recommend it! Very hoppy, high alcohol content but no alcohol taste

LizStreithorst
07-19-2017, 08:28 PM
PM me Keith. We can head over there and come back to the house for a nice dinner. It's only 1 1/2 miles from us!

Can I go with you if I say pretty please?

LizStreithorst
07-19-2017, 08:42 PM

Oh my...this NADA will be memorable. Al brought home brew to one NADA. I was drunk as a skunk but that beer had the most beautiful fragrance I have ever smelled from a beer. Josie must bring her Kentucky Bourbon Barrel. I'll bring some of the best Mississippi beer I have had.

Ryan925
07-19-2017, 09:01 PM
From the famous anchor brewing in SF. Brew I have not tried yet...until today

Nice hint of BlackBerry. Not an overpowering fruit taste. Very nice and refreshing

Ryan925
07-19-2017, 11:17 PM
First time trying this IIPA and I strongly recommend it! Very hoppy, high alcohol content but no alcohol taste

Nice color. What's your feel on hop valley?

Second choice of the night. This is a tasty brew 111137

Clawhammer
07-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Nice color. What's your feel on hop valley?

Second choice of the night. This is a tasty brew 111137

This is one of my staples. Luckily, the local 7-11 has this beer in stock at all times for when I am feeling like an imperial!

Ryan925
07-20-2017, 02:42 PM
This is one of my staples. Luckily, the local 7-11 has this beer in stock at all times for when I am feeling like an imperial!

Lol nice. My Raleys down the street usually has sixers

Ryan925
07-29-2017, 07:30 PM
Much needed break from laying pavers in 95º temps111394

Jenene
07-29-2017, 07:45 PM
Much needed break from laying pavers in 95º temps111394

Ha ha ha!!!!! Al said he "loves it but it should be a bottle."

Ryan925
07-29-2017, 08:18 PM
Ha ha ha!!!!! Al said he "loves it but it should be a bottle."

Going all cans these days! It's a lot easier on my trash can. Beer in cans used to be associated with horrible taste. Not anynore my friend.

Btw what are you and Al doing here? Shouldn't you be out enjoying yourselves

Keith Perkins
07-29-2017, 08:48 PM
From the famous anchor brewing in SF. Brew I have not tried yet...until today

Nice hint of BlackBerry. Not an overpowering fruit taste. Very nice and refreshing

I'm going to look for one of these when I'm in Modesto in a month or two.

Jenene
07-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Going all cans these days! It's a lot easier on my trash can. Beer in cans used to be associated with horrible taste. Not anynore my friend.

Btw what are you and Al doing here? Shouldn't you be out enjoying yourselves

We are enjoying ourselves Ryan. We are talking about you. ��

Ryan925
07-29-2017, 09:22 PM
I'm going to look for one of these when I'm in Modesto in a month or two.

Modesto? Why in the world would you be there??? Lol. There is a brewery called dust bowl in Turloc which is in the Modesto area. I imagine you should find their brews out there. They have a couple pretty tasty ones that I've tried

Ryan925
07-29-2017, 09:22 PM
We are enjoying ourselves Ryan. We are talking about you. ��

I knew my ears were on fire!

Jenene
07-29-2017, 09:25 PM
I knew my ears were on fire!

Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Ryan925
07-30-2017, 12:28 AM
Some like red wine with chocolate. I like a nice red ale111398

Jenene
07-30-2017, 09:01 AM
Some like red wine with chocolate. I like a nice red ale111398

Some like both Ryan! That looks like an amazing combo!
Stay tuned here. I think Al may have a few additions coming later in the week. ��

Ryan925
07-30-2017, 08:25 PM
Thought this may interest you Al. Haven't cracked it yet but sounds quite interesting. Imperial stout with pecan, rye and wheat and quarter aged in bourbon

Second pic not the first. Not sure why it snuck a second pic in and won't let me edit

Jenene
07-30-2017, 09:26 PM
I might just swipe that one out of his hands Ryan. That is right up my alley. That new brew tasting place has made me more adventurous. The art work on the can might have turned me away but it sounds really good. Don't set it down around me Al. Swiper no Swiping! ��

Ryan925
07-30-2017, 09:40 PM
I might just swipe that one out of his hands Ryan. That is right up my alley. That new brew tasting place has made me more adventurous. The art work on the can might have turned me away but it sounds really good. Don't set it down around me Al. Swiper no Swiping! ��

This one sounds very intriguing. Stone brewing is never lacking when it comes to creativity. With it being a 13%er I'm going to have to pass on it tonight. Working outside all weekend my neighbors tree is killing. I don't think benadryl and a 13% Beer would be a good mix lol

Jenene
07-30-2017, 09:52 PM
This one sounds very intriguing. Stone brewing is never lacking when it comes to creativity. With it being a 13%er I'm going to have to pass on it tonight. Working outside all weekend my neighbors tree is killing. I don't think benadryl and a 13% Beer would be a good mix lol

Ya, good move Ryan. Not if you want to wake up in the morning anyway... When you do crack it open let us know how it is.
Those craft beers can be dangerous. WhichCraft had some boozy ones on the menu. Even the small flights can be a bit over the top. Took two out of town Simply people there this week. We are becoming a bit too well known there. ��

Ryan925
07-31-2017, 10:53 PM
How about that rich beautiful color Al111431

Very smooth very an imperial and really nice touch of pecan

Jack L
08-01-2017, 09:36 PM
this is what i have on hand, all are good.
i have found that adding some fresh lime to the IPAs gives them a nice citrus flavor

Ryan925
08-01-2017, 09:38 PM
i have found that adding some fresh lime to the IPAs gives them a nice citrus flavor

Nice selection. Nice to see brew free has made it that far. That's one of my local go tos. Keep an eye out for the blood orange brew free. That one is really good

Jack L
08-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Nice selection. Nice to see brew free has made it that far. That's one of my local go tos. Keep an eye out for the blood orange brew free. That one is really good

i just saw that for first time, but if i remember correctly the ABV was on the low side so i passed it up, i'll grab it next time.

earlier in thread it was asked about beers we don't like. i have HATED some beers, but i've never gotten to the end of a case without acquiring the taste for it. the last example was the Hop Crisis above, first few cans it was soooo bad, but then, i liked it so much 1/2 way though the case i went back for more but they didn't have it anymore.

oh the brew free IPA is one that is pretty good with lime squeezed in it

Jenene
08-01-2017, 09:53 PM

This is hilarious to me. The brew is all front and center. The food is shoved to the back as an after thought. That is prioritizing boys! :p

Ryan925
08-01-2017, 09:54 PM
This is hilarious to me. The brew is all front and center. The food is shoved to the back as an after thought. That is prioritizing boys! :p

Well ya the important stuff goes in the front of course.

Ryan925
08-01-2017, 09:55 PM
i just saw that for first time, but if i remember correctly the ABV was on the low side so i passed it up, i'll grab it next time.

earlier in thread it was asked about beers we don't like. i have HATED some beers, but i've never gotten to the end of a case without acquiring the taste for it. the last example was the Hop Crisis above, first few cans it was soooo bad, but then, i liked it so much 1/2 way though the case i went back for more but they didn't have it anymore.

oh the brew free IPA is one that is pretty good with lime squeezed in it

I do prefer the higher abv as well but sometimes for a long day a good session ipa may be needed lol

Ryan925
08-01-2017, 11:31 PM
On the menu for this evening. One of my favorite beers from one of my favorite breweries. 111435

Jenene
08-02-2017, 08:24 PM
The new WhichCraft Brewery has me trying some new things. I was never a fan of dark beer. I was actually never a big fan of beer until recently. These craft brews are really unique. There was a Baltic Porter that I really liked at WhichCraft and there was a more local Southern Tier Porter left over from a recent stash and I cracked it open tonight. It was really good. I think I am a new fan of Porter. Next on my list of acquired tastes is IPAs they are really popular here and there are so many to try. Ignore the Guinness glass...

Ryan your bottles are scary. Growing up I was taught those skeletons on bottles meant poison- don't drink it. Just say'n. :eek:

Ryan925
08-02-2017, 08:30 PM
The new WhichCraft Brewery has me trying some new things. I was never a fan of dark beer. I was actually never a big fan of beer until recently. These craft brews are really unique. There was a Baltic Porter that I really liked at WhichCraft and there was a more local Southern Tier Porter left over from a recent stash and I cracked it open tonight. It was really good. I think I am a new fan of Porter. Next on my list of acquired tastes is IPAs they are really popular here and there are so many to try. Ignore the Guinness glass...

Ryan your bottles are scary. Growing up I was taught those skeletons on bottles meant poison- don't drink it. Just say'n. :eek:

I do enjoy a nice porter. Especially in the fall and winter.

Clawhammer
08-02-2017, 08:37 PM
This is now available to drink ironically on a limited release...

Jenene
08-02-2017, 08:57 PM

That is hilarious! I worked at a bar in college and people would drink this thinking is was some kind of non alcoholic soda beverage. It got them in trouble every single time. It looked and tasted so innocent.

Are you drinking that at the office Eric? :confused: You will need to put a sticky note over the alcohol content to get away with it. :D

Clawhammer
08-02-2017, 09:14 PM
That is hilarious! I worked at a bar in college and people would drink this thinking is was some kind of non alcoholic soda beverage. It got them in trouble every single time. It looked and tasted so innocent.

Are you drinking that at the office Eric? :confused: You will need to put a sticky note over the alcohol content to get away with it. :D

I busted out laughing when I saw it...

This was the 90's gateway drug to chugging beers, so many blurry memories. The ladies loved it, lol. I encountered it again about 10 years ago in a Tokyo nightclub; supposedly its remained a popular nightclub drink in Japan til this day.

I actually pulled this out of the sixer in the 7/11 and snapped this pic because there was no way I was buying it @ $9.99 for a sixer. I am happy to say I work from home now so I only have to deal with drop ceilings on occasional office visits and beer runs to 7/11.

Do yourself a favor, Youtube some old Zima commercials... Its Zomething different! Hilarious. But be warned, it sent me on like a 3 hour long 90's nostalgia video marathon.

Jenene
08-02-2017, 09:23 PM
I busted out laughing when I saw it...

This was the 90's gateway drug to chugging beers, so many blurry memories. The ladies loved it, lol. I encountered it again about 10 years ago in a Tokyo nightclub; supposedly its remained a popular nightclub drink in Japan til this day.

I actually pulled this out of the sixer in the 7/11 and snapped this pic because there was no way I was buying it @ $9.99 for a sixer. I am happy to say I work from home now so I only have to deal with drop ceilings on occasional office visits and beer runs to 7/11.

Do yourself a favor, Youtube some old Zima commercials... Hilarious. But be warned, it sent me on like a 3 hour long 90's nostalgia video marathon.

Phew...I thought you were really tipping that stuff back. :p Didn't they used to give that away? I really don't remember anyone actually paying for it! $9.99? Ummm. No.

Okay. I am up to the challenge of the old commercials. I think I actually remember some of them! No worries about the tangent nostalgia. I have all night. I don't have to work until school resumes in September! This is going to be fun. ;) Can't wait to see the hair. :p

Ryan925
08-02-2017, 09:24 PM

Lmao. Memories!

Jenene
08-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Lmao. Memories!

Ryan I didn't think you were old enough to drink this stuff! :D

Jenene
08-02-2017, 09:28 PM

At least not legally...:p

Ryan925
08-02-2017, 09:31 PM

According to the laws that govern this forum I would never post about doing anything illegal ;) ;)

Do you remember Zimas nastier brother? Tequiza?

Jenene
08-02-2017, 09:40 PM
According to the laws that govern this forum I would never post about doing anything illegal ;) ;)

Do you remember Zimas nastier brother? Tequiza?

Of course not Ryan :angel: and no...I do not remember Tequiza! Shall I go search for a commercial? My cheeks hurt from laughing at the Zima ones!

Couldn't find any commercials for it but lots of stuff on guinea pigs :confused: This thread is getting really weird...

Sorry Al...

Clawhammer
08-02-2017, 09:43 PM
I do remember actually enjoying Tequiza, but those were the days of few alternatives when I was underage (I am relying on the statute of limitations on this post). I think we can talk openly amongst friends about our journey to being beer connoisseurs, including the dark days of Milwaukie's Best Ice

Ryan925
08-02-2017, 10:06 PM
I do remember actually enjoying Tequiza, but those were the days of few alternatives when I was underage (I am relying on the statute of limitations on this post). I think we can talk openly amongst friends about our journey to being beer connoisseurs, including the dark days of Milwaukie's Best Ice

Oh it was natural ice for me lol. Cheap as could be and got you there pretty fast lol

Have come a long way from the keystone, mickeys and old English lol

Jenene
08-03-2017, 09:31 PM
I needed an excuse to go back...so I took my 75 year old mother to the WhichCraft Brewery...Okay stop laughing she had fun. She actually ordered a flight. She still lives on the edge-as do I. I had Burning Money Thin Man IPA, Coconut Victory at Sea Ballast Point Porter, Saranac Chocolatl Mexican Porter, and Sofie Goose Island Saison. I know some of those are girlie, but I am a girl. I am training to appreciate the IPA's which tend to be on the bitter side, but I am learning. I really liked the Burning Money Thin man a lot. I hear the Eastern US IPA's are less bitter. I could have just gone with the Ballast Porter I liked and been done with decisions but I want to branch out. The problem is they completely change the offerings every week. So if I decide I really like something, chances are it won't be there next week. I guess I will just have to keep going and trying new things. I could have way worse problems. :smiley:111466

LizStreithorst
08-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Your mother is cool.

Jenene
08-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Your mother is cool.

Yes, Liz, yes she is! :)

Neptune
08-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Picked up a Squatters Hop Rising today...fairly disappointing! Pretty wimpy for a double IPA.

Jenene
08-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Picked up a Squatters Hop Rising today...fairly disappointing! Pretty wimpy for a double IPA.

Who comes up with these labels? Seriously weird stuff! I found one of those growing in my cabinet...the potato, not he farmer...

Neptune
08-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Who comes up with these labels? Seriously weird stuff! I found one of those growing in my cabinet...the potato, not he farmer...

Its a hop! LMAO!
But I love label art! Reminds me of old album covers!

Here is one of my favs..beer and label!

Ryan925
08-03-2017, 11:00 PM
I needed an excuse to go back...so I took my 75 year old mother to the WhichCraft Brewery...Okay stop laughing she had fun. She actually ordered a flight. She still lives on the edge-as do I. I had Burning Money Thin Man IPA, Coconut Victory at Sea Ballast Point Porter, Saranac Chocolatl Mexican Porter, and Sofie Goose Island Saison. I know some of those are girlie, but I am a girl. I am training to appreciate the IPA's which tend to be on the bitter side, but I am learning. I really liked the Burning Money Thin man a lot. I hear the Eastern US IPA's are less bitter. I could have just gone with the Ballast Porter I liked and been done with decisions but I want to branch out. The problem is they completely change the offerings every week. So if I decide I really like something, chances are it won't be there next week. I guess I will just have to keep going and trying new things. I could have way worse problems. :smiley:111466

Don't worry the bitterness will grow on you my friend.

Ballast point is one of my favorite breweries. They make many delicious brews.

Jenene
08-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Its a hop! LMAO!
But I love label art! Reminds me of old album covers!

Here is one of my favs..beer and label!

Ha ha ha!!!! It looked like a potato!!! That just goes to show you how much I have yet to learn! Won't take me long hanging around here! At least I can laugh at with you!

Jenene
08-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Don't worry the bitterness will grow on you my friend.

Ballast point is one of my favorite breweries. They make many delicious brews.

Thanks Ryan, for having faith in me. I am getting there- if not for lack of trying! I am stepping outside my comfort zone. The bar was set pretty low before Al started this thread. I have to keep up with the big boys here. ��

Jenene
08-06-2017, 05:53 PM
I know it's bad when I have almost as many posts on this thread as Ryan... but...we tried a new brewery Last night called The Stoneyard. I had homework- working on my appreciation of all things IPA. Getting there. I loved the one I had- Thin Man/Collective Arts In Love with The System. Hazy gold body and a tight white head; juicy aroma and flavors of mango, orange, lime and some light pine; crisp, nicely bracing finish. (I just cut and pasted this from the menu, I definitely could never come up with a description like that :p) The bartender was great and explained it is actually a collaboration between breweries in Buffalo, NY and Toronto,Canada.

http://stoneyardbrewingcompany.com/american-beerhall-and-grill/american-beerhall-grill-beer-menu/

Never in a million years would I have thought I would go out in search of the best craft brews. My husband is enjoying coming along for the ride though. I certainly do not need to drag him out with me.

Here are some pics...We never did get an answer to why there is a creepy, decapitated doll head in the rafters. The bartender insisted he had no idea how that got there...:confused:

Ryan925
08-06-2017, 07:43 PM
I know it's bad when I have almost as many posts on this thread as Ryan... but...we tried a new brewery Last night called The Stoneyard. I had homework- working on my appreciation of all things IPA. Getting there. I loved the one I had- Thin Man/Collective Arts In Love with The System. Hazy gold body and a tight white head; juicy aroma and flavors of mango, orange, lime and some light pine; crisp, nicely bracing finish. (I just cut and pasted this from the menu, I definitely could never come up with a description like that :p) The bartender was great and explained it is actually a collaboration between breweries in Buffalo, NY and Toronto,Canada.

http://stoneyardbrewingcompany.com/american-beerhall-and-grill/american-beerhall-grill-beer-menu/

Never in a million years would I have thought I would go out in search of the best craft brews. My husband is enjoying coming along for the ride though. I certainly do not need to drag him out with me.

Here are some pics...We never did get an answer to why there is a creepy, decapitated doll head in the rafters. The bartender insisted he had no idea how that got there...:confused:

Haha I love that you are taking this thread over! ;)

Jenene
08-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Haha I love that you are taking this thread over! ;)

Really Ryan? That's all you have to add? Come on man! Keep up with me here!

brewmaster15
08-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Hey guys,

Missed this thread the last two weeks. I was away abit for some R and R with Family and friends. Good thing too as I returned to some Chaos in my life.:( But before the Chaos there was some really times I got to spend with Some Friends.

We found ourselves out by Jenene's and met up with her and her Husband but before we did...wouldn't you know I Ran into Keith.:) and a brewery just happened to be there. What are the odds of that!:)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4410/36386767546_b7b6153d0a_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XrnGi9)20170725_130115 (https://flic.kr/p/XrnGi9)

The Beer was okay there, but was great spending a few hours catching up with Keith.

brewmaster15
08-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Being on vacation of course I had several opportunities to taste test Beers..

had this one at Jenene's..

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4393/36386782396_9cfbac9b57_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XrnLHb)20170728_174325 (https://flic.kr/p/XrnLHb)

Jenene took us to whichcraft...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4414/36295341081_612688bfd8_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xii7oM)20170729_155619 (https://flic.kr/p/Xii7oM)

Jenene went crazy to find one of favorites...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4382/35624504133_4055f07cce_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Wh1TWv)20170729_195820 (https://flic.kr/p/Wh1TWv)

Have to say it was awesome to see her and meet her Husband Andy. More on that in another thread,:)

al

Ryan925
08-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Being on vacation of course I had several opportunities to taste test Beers..

had this one at Jenene's..

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4393/36386782396_9cfbac9b57_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XrnLHb)20170728_174325 (https://flic.kr/p/XrnLHb)

Jenene took us to whichcraft...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4414/36295341081_612688bfd8_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xii7oM)20170729_155619 (https://flic.kr/p/Xii7oM)

Jenene went crazy to find one of favorites...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4382/35624504133_4055f07cce_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Wh1TWv)20170729_195820 (https://flic.kr/p/Wh1TWv)

Have to say it was awesome to see her and meet her Husband Andy. More on that in another thread,:)

al

Gotta love good beer with good people. Love me some hop stoopid

brewmaster15
08-07-2017, 05:42 PM
After leaving Jenene's we stopped of in the Lake Placid area for the last leg of the trip.. Visited a brewery restaurant there that I really like.. Lake Placid Brewery..

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4384/36432288315_9d5b299f12_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xvp12Z)20170731_140739 (https://flic.kr/p/Xvp12Z) by

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4405/36263919942_d1439d87b4_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw4Z1)20170731_140903 (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw4Z1) by

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4439/36432287345_08bbf42497_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XvoZKg)20170731_143216 (https://flic.kr/p/XvoZKg)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/36263922592_e99259425a_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw5LG)20170731_143233 (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw5LG)

and this ones for Ryan..

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4349/36263927082_f8abd36917_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw777)20170801_185654 (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw777)
Yep , I had a few cans too back at the hotel.:)

al

Ryan925
08-07-2017, 05:51 PM
After leaving Jenene's we stopped of in the Lake Placid area for the last leg of the trip.. Visited a brewery restaurant there that I really like.. Lake Placid Brewery..

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4384/36432288315_9d5b299f12_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xvp12Z)20170731_140739 (https://flic.kr/p/Xvp12Z) by

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4405/36263919942_d1439d87b4_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw4Z1)20170731_140903 (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw4Z1) by

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4439/36432287345_08bbf42497_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XvoZKg)20170731_143216 (https://flic.kr/p/XvoZKg)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/36263922592_e99259425a_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw5LG)20170731_143233 (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw5LG)

and this ones for Ryan..

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4349/36263927082_f8abd36917_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw777)20170801_185654 (https://flic.kr/p/Xfw777)
Yep , I had a few cans too back at the hotel.:)

al

Ah see Al cans are so bad. Should have finished it off with a red cup though;)

Jenene
08-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Al, I found this one you left behind out of the craft pack- so thanks, it was delicious. This is our local brewery- I was surprised by how good it was. We have more ground to cover, you need to come back. :)

Ryan you are right, I am now used to the bitter and I like it. :D I have achieved my IPA training badge.

Al this is all your fault...

brewmaster15
08-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Had a fiddle head Ipa in Boston yesterday after doing the Freedom Trail tour.... Very nice IPA and great historical experience!

I probably should have had a Sam Adams after seeing his grave but it just seemed too cliche.:)

al

Ryan925
08-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Gotta love good beer with good people. Love me some hop stoopid

Just for you Al but I go for the supersize ;)

Jenene
08-09-2017, 10:49 PM

This is funny Ryan...by your time stamp I was just finishing one of Al's Hop Stoopids on the deck with my husband So cheers! I told him I wouldn't post that we headed out to the Stoneyard again right after. It might give people the wrong impression....we just wanted another really good beer!

I Had Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Extra. IPA. It was really good. I really need to get back to fish and leave this part of the hobby to the big boys.

brewmaster15
08-09-2017, 11:07 PM

lol..but yeah...how many of those did you have?:devil:

Ryan925
08-09-2017, 11:19 PM
This is funny Ryan...by your time stamp I was just finishing one of Al's Hop Stoopids on the deck with my husband So cheers! I told him I wouldn't post that we headed out to the Stoneyard again right after. It might give people the wrong impression....we just wanted another really good beer!

I Had Lagunitas A Little Sumpin' Extra. IPA. It was really good. I really need to get back to fish and leave this part of the hobby to the big boys.

Lol. I get the feeling :). Lagunitas is fairly local to me and even though they have turned into a national name they still brew some really great brews

lol..but yeah...how many of those did you have?:devil:

Just one Al.... this time :) My wife jokes about my tolerance to heavy beers. May be something not to be proud of but it took lots of hard work;) ;)

Jenene
08-09-2017, 11:23 PM
Just one Al.... this time :) My wife jokes about my tolerance to heavy beers. May be something not to be proud of but it took lots of hard work;) ;)[/QUOTE]

You're a better man than me Ryan. We had three...in total..including the one on the deck just to clarify..��

Ryan925
08-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Just one Al.... this time :) My wife jokes about my tolerance to heavy beers. May be something not to be proud of but it took lots of hard work;) ;)

You're a better man than me Ryan. We had three....��[/QUOTE]

3? That's all? I only had one large hop stoopid that was not referring to any of its friends thus evening ;)

I rarely ever drink liquor these days. I drink beer for the wonderful tastes but not for the purpose of my younger days ;). My wife laugh because I have gotten many friends off of their crappy beers and into the craft beer world. These big beers can really have an effect on a newbie but for me I can enjoy many and not be on the wrong end of it :)

brewmaster15
08-10-2017, 08:53 AM
I rarely ever drink liquor these days. I drink beer for the wonderful tastes but not for the purpose of my younger days ;). My wife laugh because I have gotten many friends off of their crappy beers and into the craft beer world. These big beers can really have an effect on a newbie but for me I can enjoy many and not be on the wrong end of it :)

I am sure your wallet and those of your friends wished otherwise!:)

Ryan925
08-10-2017, 11:17 AM
I am sure your wallet and those of your friends wished otherwise!:)

That and my beer belly ;)

Jenene
08-10-2017, 12:18 PM
That and my beer belly ;)

That is why I need to just get back to the fish. Spent almost every morning this summer at the gym. This distraction will unwind it all. Moderation....just keep telling myself this. The bartender at The Stoneyard, Bubba, (yes, really ��) convinced us we NEED to go back Friday. Not really sure why. He was chatting with my husband. Didn't take much to convince him though.

Ryan925
08-10-2017, 12:42 PM
That is why I need to just get back to the fish. Spent almost every morning this summer at the gym. This distraction will unwind it all. Moderation....just keep telling myself this. The bartender at The Stoneyard, Bubba, (yes, really ��) convinced us we NEED to go back Friday. Not really sure why. He was chatting with my husband. Didn't take much to convince him though.

Bubba. That's classic. I need to get my A to the gym. Skinny guy with a boiler is not a good look lmao

Jenene
08-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Bubba. That's classic. I need to get my A to the gym. Skinny guy with a boiler is not a good look lmao

Ha ha ha! You are hilarious Ryan!

This is funny too. I am almost to a thousand posts and most of them have been on this thread having nothing to do with Discus. Need to get my priorities straight!:confused:

You too buddy! You are crushing it with your 2,353! Half of them are here too though! ;)

Ryan925
08-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Ha ha ha! You are hilarious Ryan!

This is funny too. I am almost to a thousand posts and most of them have been on this thread having nothing to do with Discus. Need to get my priorities straight!:confused:

You too buddy! You are crushing it with your 2,353! Half of them are here too though! ;)

Are you SD stalking me ??? ;)

Jenene
08-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Are you SD stalking me ??? ;)

It's right under your avatar you goof! Like I have nothing better to do? Well not really but still, no.

Ryan925
08-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Love this beer and the label. This brewery has some really creative names and labels for their beers. Every brew I've tried has been great. 111824

Jenene
08-12-2017, 01:16 AM
That's a good one Ryan! Love the label!

Okay, I was holding back but you asked for it...

Another trip to The Stoneyard yielded a delicious Evil Twin IPA..#22

Then we hit up our fantastic local grocery store Wegman's craft brew section for a make your own craft pack to take home. The Ballast Point was for you Ryan...

And... not only did we make friends with two more bartenders, Nick and Allie, we learned how the doll head got into the rafters. It is actually a scarecrow that was bought at a fundraiser held there by one of the bar owners. It was covered in scratch off lottery tickets. He paid $200 for the thing and only won $2. He got so mad he punched it and the head fell off. Allie grabbed it and put it up in the rafters to haunt him (and the rest of us, it is freaking creepy) It's name is Christine...Perfect.

So yes, Ryan I did have something to add... You know me a bit too well :p

rickztahone
08-12-2017, 01:27 AM
It's right under your avatar you goof! Like I have nothing better to do? Well not really but still, no.

If you guys are looking at post counts, don't look at Pat's!

Jenene
08-12-2017, 01:29 AM

Well now I have to - but first look at yours! ;)

Jenene
08-12-2017, 01:34 AM

....Yup! I would say that is pretty respectable!

Ryan925
08-12-2017, 11:22 AM
That's a good one Ryan! Love the label!

Okay, I was holding back but you asked for it...

Another trip to The Stoneyard yielded a delicious Evil Twin IPA..#22

Then we hit up our fantastic local grocery store Wegman's craft brew section for a make your own craft pack to take home. The Ballast Point was for you Ryan...

And... not only did we make friends with two more bartenders, Nick and Allie, we learned how the doll head got into the rafters. It is actually a scarecrow that was bought at a fundraiser held there by one of the bar owners. It was covered in scratch off lottery tickets. He paid $200 for the thing and only won $2. He got so mad he punched it and the head fell off. Allie grabbed it and put it up in the rafters to haunt him (and the rest of us, it is freaking creepy) It's name is Christine...Perfect.

So yes, Ryan I did have something to add... You know me a bit too well :p

Ah nice. Haven't tried that ballast point yet.

When you said evil twin thought it was one of my favorite beers. One of my favorite local breweries, heretic, brews an evil twin and an evil cousin

Jenene
08-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Ah nice. Haven't tried that ballast point yet.

When you said evil twin thought it was one of my favorite beers. One of my favorite local breweries, heretic, brews an evil twin and an evil cousin

Huh...thought you had that one and liked it. These names are getting confusing! Twin Evil Twins too! Well Ryan neither one was in vain. They were really good! ��

rickztahone
08-15-2017, 11:15 PM

That's what 9 yrs of simply gets you ;)

Keith Perkins
08-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Hey guys,

Missed this thread the last two weeks. I was away abit for some R and R with Family and friends. Good thing too as I returned to some Chaos in my life.:( But before the Chaos there was some really times I got to spend with Some Friends.

We found ourselves out by Jenene's and met up with her and her Husband but before we did...wouldn't you know I Ran into Keith.:) and a brewery just happened to be there. What are the odds of that!:)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4410/36386767546_b7b6153d0a_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/XrnGi9)20170725_130115 (https://flic.kr/p/XrnGi9)

The Beer was okay there, but was great spending a few hours catching up with Keith.

It was a great educational opportunity with brewmaster discussing NY brewing laws etc with a NY brewer. Fortunately with 8 beers to sample I didn't have to pay too much attention. :D Seems like we had solved all their problems before we left though as I recall.

Jenene
08-16-2017, 05:43 PM
It was a great educational opportunity with brewmaster discussing NY brewing laws etc with a NY brewer. Fortunately with 8 beers to sample I didn't have to pay too much attention. :D Seems like we had solved all their problems before we left though as I recall.

Lol! Keith. Let me know the next time you are in Rochester- we will hit up the Stoneyard. Even better than WhichCraft. Much nicer atmosphere too. Al you too! You would love this place.

Surf&turf
08-16-2017, 05:55 PM
;)

Ryan925
08-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Nice hoppy brew from Napa counties finest
It's not just about the wine 111979

Jenene
08-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Okay..here it is..Friday night at Al's. He went all out with some really great choices of IPAs for me - you will have to look and see what else is there because I was too busy enjoying mine. In fact we were having so much fun we forgot to take pics so he had to dig into the recycle bin but here they are.. As you can see he doesn't mess around, he gets really good beer. :) Can't thank you enough Al. It was so much fun! ***Disclaimer this was an all day into the late night. This did not happen in a short time-we were well behaved...just say'n.

Then today in NYC with my daughter I had a Montauk Session IPA. Very good for a hot day in the city.

Ryan925
08-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Costco run today resulted in a few of my fav brews.

Al if you have never tried old Rasputin do yourself a huge favor and track on down. 111988

Jenene
08-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Love the Ballast Point Ryan, wait for me, I'll be right over! Guess the Old Rasputin is on my radar now. What's it like?

Ryan925
08-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Love the Ballast Point Ryan, wait for me, I'll be right over! Guess the Old Rasputin is on my radar now. What's it like?

Been looking for the unfiltered sculpin. The old Rasputin is really heavy. High alcohol smooth and malty

Jenene
08-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Been looking for the unfiltered sculpin. The old Rasputin is really heavy. High alcohol smooth and malty

Uh oh...sounds like more homework! (-;

Jack L
08-28-2017, 07:39 PM
i remember old rasputin, that was not a light beer! : )

LizStreithorst
08-28-2017, 08:09 PM
I just discovered a Mississippi beer that I tried a couple of years ago before I knew what IPA's were all about. I hated it because my taste buds had not been trained, I hated the bitterness. I thought that this great beer was disgusting. Now that I appreciate IPA's It is my new favorite. It's made by Southern Magnolia. It's called Timber beast. It's 9% alcohol by volume so considering all the normal domestic beer I drink I I only allow myself one Timber Beast a day.

Jenene
08-29-2017, 01:02 PM
I just discovered a Mississippi beer that I tried a couple of years ago before I knew what IPA's were all about. I hated it because my taste buds had not been trained, I hated the bitterness. I thought that this great beer was disgusting. Now that I appreciate IPA's It is my new favorite. It's made by Southern Magnolia. It's called Timber beast. It's 9% alcohol by volume so considering all the normal domestic beer I drink I I only allow myself one Timber Beast a day.

I completely understand the taste is acquired Liz. The guys here kind of warned me about that and I have enjoyed the challenge. I now really enjoy them. I will keep my eyes open for your Timber Beast and toast to you when I find it.

Poppa Ryno
08-29-2017, 07:07 PM
Location- Lawrence, KS.
Place- Free State Brewery
Beer- Wheat State Golden
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/popparyno/Mobile%20Uploads/Hoodie_back-logo_grande_zpsmyuwzsxi.png (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/popparyno/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Hoodie_back-logo_grande_zpsmyuwzsxi.png.html)
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/popparyno/Mobile%20Uploads/57_zpsjebylpmk.jpg (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/popparyno/media/Mobile%20Uploads/57_zpsjebylpmk.jpg.html)
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/popparyno/Mobile%20Uploads/CqLnDvIVYAAqXfP_zpsq3xv4tvk.jpg (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/popparyno/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CqLnDvIVYAAqXfP_zpsq3xv4tvk.jpg.html)

Jenene
08-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Location- Lawrence, KS.
Place- Free State Brewery
Beer- Wheat State Golden
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/popparyno/Mobile%20Uploads/Hoodie_back-logo_grande_zpsmyuwzsxi.png (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/popparyno/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Hoodie_back-logo_grande_zpsmyuwzsxi.png.html)
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/popparyno/Mobile%20Uploads/57_zpsjebylpmk.jpg (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/popparyno/media/Mobile%20Uploads/57_zpsjebylpmk.jpg.html)
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/popparyno/Mobile%20Uploads/CqLnDvIVYAAqXfP_zpsq3xv4tvk.jpg (http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/popparyno/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CqLnDvIVYAAqXfP_zpsq3xv4tvk.jpg.html)

Ha ha ha! Love that one! That is perfect... Thanks for the smile Ryan...

Poppa Ryno
08-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Ha ha ha! Love that one! That is perfect... Thanks for the smile Ryan...
Anytime i can bring a smile here im happy. Its usually the other way around with me.

Ryan925
09-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Well Jenene have you made it to sours yet?112148

Ryan925
09-01-2017, 06:52 PM
This was the first IPL I have tried and it was great. I'm not a fan of lager but the IPL has a great flavor. I'm assuming it's the new thing or seasonal as I see several from different breweries

Jenene
09-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Well Jenene have you made it to sours yet?112148

Actually Ryan, Yes. Wednesday night we ventured into the, Stoneyard and I did try one for the first time. Just a sample and I just couldn't stomach it. It was a Lagunitas and I thought I would try it for Al. Yeah...No. I just couldn't do it. You got me to the IPAs.That was a feat. Consider yourself a success with that. (-;

brewmaster15
10-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Hmm..did we drink all the good beer yet? :)

not quite a beer but I saw this at the store and thought of my fellow imbibers of hop flavored wonders...

yep hop flavored cheese! Now you can have cheese and beer and not feel like its a mismatch.:)

LizStreithorst
10-23-2017, 08:27 PM
I know that it't redneck and that it belongs in a man cave, but I saw it and had to have it.

Jenene
10-23-2017, 09:29 PM
I know that it't redneck and that it belongs in a man cave, but I saw it and had to have it.

THAT is adorable...and could possibly come in handy in a pinch...

Ryan925
11-05-2017, 12:17 AM
Cheers to my PBs113088

kalawai
11-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Lol! Looks like the fish like that beer too.

brewmaster15
11-18-2017, 05:09 PM
Had some real old ones today...:evilgrin:

visited a hole in the wall bar in the city....Im thinking this stuff wasnt the freshest.

RogueDiscus
11-18-2017, 05:23 PM
You've got to be kidding! I don't think I'd drink anything out of one of those cans at this point. Schlitz was popular when I was a kid in Milwaukee; Miller, Pabst, and Schlitz.

LizStreithorst
11-18-2017, 06:03 PM
I remember Reingold the dry beer. I could actually sing their sales gingle but I will spare you.

Ryan925
11-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Something new and something delicious 113290

brewmaster15
11-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Ryan didnt take my bait..bummer:( lol.

14.42% alcohol?! thats not beer...heck its stronger than a cab wine! QUAD IPA? Im intrigued Ryan. Also intrigued by the IBU ..."ask Jerry " thats cryptic! I want to try this one!
al

Ryan925
11-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Ryan didnt take my bait..bummer:( lol.

14.42% alcohol?! thats not beer...heck its stronger than a cab wine! QUAD IPA? Im intrigued Ryan. Also intrigued by the IBU ..."ask Jerry " thats cryptic! I want to try this one!
al

It was quite nice. Surprisingly smooth but very happy. Didn't have that typical "whiskey " like flavor of the higher abv beers.

I'm very fond of the many knee deep brews and this one is no exception.

Oh and Al I knew you were a canned beer guy at heart

RogueDiscus
11-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Oh and Al I knew you were a canned beer guy at heart

Oo, Ouch!? :)

LizStreithorst
11-19-2017, 10:12 PM
lol It doesn't really matter what container it comes in as long as it's drunk from glass. With bottles you can drink the beer right from the bottle which is nice. A good canned beer must be poured into a glass to be appreciated That's why the best beers are not often sold in cans. They are meant to be appreciated so are sold in glass bottles.

Jack L
11-19-2017, 10:21 PM
i like these glasses:
https://www.sierranevadagiftshop.com/specialty/sierra-nevada-ipa-glass.html

Ryan925
11-19-2017, 10:58 PM
i like these glasses:
https://www.sierranevadagiftshop.com/specialty/sierra-nevada-ipa-glass.html

Love the Sierra Nevada brewery.

lol It doesn't really matter what container it comes in as long as it's drunk from glass. With bottles you can drink the beer right from the bottle which is nice. A good canned beer must be poured into a glass to be appreciated That's why the best beers are not often sold in cans. They are meant to be appreciated so are sold in glass bottles.

I'd say that used to be true Liz. Now it is quite common for craft brews to be canned.

It is no longer reminiscent of a crappy tasting beer with a hint of aluminum lol

Ryan925
11-23-2017, 01:27 AM
Early Christmas gift 113323

Clawhammer
11-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This probably will solicit some "duhs" from you guys but I recent had a personal epiphany on canned beer. I always ignored the craft beer packaged in cans because I associated cans with cheap domestic beer. It turns out that cans are actually better at keeping beer fresh and cold! The only reason to favor bottles is if you will be drinking directly from them, but if you are pouring into a glass try something canned! In the few weeks since this revelation I have found a number of great beers that has shaken up my top ten list. Enjoy!

Ryan925
11-23-2017, 02:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

This probably will solicit some "duhs" from you guys but I recent had a personal epiphany on canned beer. I always ignored the craft beer packaged in cans because I associated cans with cheap domestic beer. It turns out that cans are actually better at keeping beer fresh and cold! The only reason to favor bottles is if you will be drinking directly from them, but if you are pouring into a glass try something canned! In the few weeks since this revelation I have found a number of great beers that has shaken up my top ten list. Enjoy!

If you have not already get over to boneyard. Amazing beers in giant cans

Ryan925
06-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Al, I take a short break and this thread dies??? Geez maybe I'm a lush ;)

Local variety of some heavy brews after a 12+ hour day

Cheers friends 115595

brewmaster15
06-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Ryan, I thought if I kept posting I'd look like the town drunk myself.:) Don't worry , I will continue to meet you and Jenene at the SimplyDiscus Bar and Grill. I'm Pretty sure we can count on RogueDiscus as well (right Steve?) :)

mmmmm Triple India Pale Ale.. Hopilicious!

al

brewmaster15
06-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Had a Birthday back in April and one of Brothers brought me this..local brewed but I haven't been there yet.. Good brew!

Ryan925
06-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Ryan, I thought if I kept posting I'd look like the town drunk myself.:) Don't worry , I will continue to meet you and Jenene at the SimplyDiscus Bar and Grill. I'm Pretty sure we can count on RogueDiscus as well (right Steve?) :)

mmmmm Triple India Pale Ale.. Hopilicious!

al

Lol. I know we got Jenene hooked and with a name like roguediscus how could he not with rogue being one incredible brewery.

Yes the triple is amazing. Knee deep has some incredible beers. Nor sure you will see them on your neck of the woods but if you ever do snatch em up. They have a quad ipa I think I posted awhile back. Another of my favs of theirs is breaking bud (love the tribute to breaking bad on the label)

Jenene
06-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Lol. I know we got Jenene hooked and with a name like roguediscus how could he not with rogue being one incredible brewery.

Yes the triple is amazing. Knee deep has some incredible beers. Nor sure you will see them on your neck of the woods but if you ever do snatch em up. They have a quad ipa I think I posted awhile back. Another of my favs of theirs is breaking bud (love the tribute to breaking bad on the label)

Oh I’m still here boys... actually just had one in Al’s honor at the Stoneyard now renamed The Beer Hall... yikes... very original.. Al, you’ve seen this already. Sent him the pic as I was drinking it. Even though it wasn’t a Laganitas...
The thought was still there...

I had a Saranac Verrick Street Porter. It was really good. The good thing about being a regular is they learn what you like. The menu changes weekly. So it’s good they have figured me out... I guess I could have taken the pic before I drank half of it..or more than..ooopsy!115606

Ryan925
06-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Perfect beer for a 96º day today 115616

brady
06-03-2018, 10:21 AM
First time I've seen this thread. The best ale by far is called "heady topper". It is brewed in Waterbury, Vt. at the Alchemist brewery
and sold certain package stores in just a 25 mile rad around Waterbury and at there store in Stowe, Vt.
Sold only on certain days and your limited to 4-4pks.It's simply the best.
Jay

RogueDiscus
06-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Time for an afternoon pick-me-up! :)

Ryan925
06-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Time for an afternoon pick-me-up! :)

That's a good one

Think I posted that one awhile back

RogueDiscus
06-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Could be. I hadn't added to the thread in a while and just thought I'd share today's.

Ryan925
06-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Could be. I hadn't added to the thread in a while and just thought I'd share today's.

You are fortunate. Don't always have the greatest selection for rogue but definitely grab it when I see a good one

Went to the Rogue in SF and absolutely loved the food

Jenene
06-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Oh that looks like a good one. Our city is pretty progressive with the brews I should be able to find it. If not I think I may be in enough with the good people at the local watering hole they could procure it. Funny I thought this thread had winded down. It's baaaackk......

Jenene
07-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Come on guys... jump in here... about a month ago we were in Cape Cod and got hooked into a new micro brew called Hog Island Brewry. We made friends with the bartender and he gave us a tour of the back. We bought a 32 oz can of their Far Cut Stout. We held onto it longer than we meant to but cracked it open tonight. It’s still perfect. We were back this past weekend and it sounds like the bartender was let go but the beer lives on....longer than he lasted... enjoying it on this steamy summer night in upstate NY
116499[ATTACH]

brewmaster15
07-03-2018, 08:31 PM
That looks pretty tasty Jenene! Bummer about the bar tender though.

I wish I had something new to add here but I have been slacking on the beer the last month. Havent tried anything new in a while. But wow does an ice cold brew hit the spot with this nasty heatwave or what?!

al

brewmaster15
07-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Spent a few days in Montreal.. had a few of these.Carlberg. Very enjoyable brewsky.

al

Swedgin
07-24-2018, 03:15 AM
I’m probably the only German adult male in the world who does not like beer. But don’t worry, I get made fun of for that on a regular basis :)

Pices
08-17-2018, 10:38 PM
My place? The Celtic Ray117510
My beer? Poor mans black velvet 117511

Jenene
08-18-2018, 11:10 AM
My place? The Celtic Ray
My beer? Poor mans black velvet

Finally another girl! Nice place! I’d be very comfy there!

Pices
08-18-2018, 03:40 PM
Finally another girl! Nice place! I’d be very comfy there!
Beer is my favorite and you’d be a great person to kick back and have one with.
Patty

Jenene
08-18-2018, 04:17 PM
I’m in Patty! I’m sure these flat fish will give us the opportunity sooner or later. They seem to have a way of bringing SD members together. We would certainly have a great time! Until then... cheers!

Keith Perkins
08-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Sharing a few stouts with one of my favorite discus keepers, Jenene.