PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

HarryDk
07-04-2017, 08:24 PM
I have a post regarding this same fish before.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?128693-Multiple-holes-developing-around-the-head
After more than a month in the QT tank, he has not shown much improvement with his bloated belly for eating too much. (tried epsom salt at 1tbsp/10g; kanaplex, wormed with levamisole, even full course metro/prazi . He is eating and poo, but I'm sure he definitely bloated, not too sure what to do next.
Thus, I moved him back to the big tank and he seem much happier and realize that area under his eyes is shrinking as pictures below. Not sure what happen though

brewmaster15
07-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Harry, his forehead is also pinched. thats a sign of malnutrition, lack of eating enough, and often its a sign that the internal organs are not functioning well. Discus can waste away slowly over a long period of time, what you are see is unfortunately a sign that this fish is on the decline .

al

HarryDk
07-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Sigh.... during his time in the QT, I only do minimum feeding because of the bloated belly .... , but not sure how to help him. I have use recommended dose on kanaplex, may be I should rise the dose or try Tetracycline ?
He was a beauty and health not too long ago :(

Keith Perkins
07-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Don't throw good money after bad, save what you'd spend on meds for a new fish.

HarryDk
07-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Man, this isn't about money :(. I grew this guy from 3.5" to 7", he was my pride and joy :(, can't just leave him

Keith Perkins
07-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Man, this isn't about money :(. I grew this guy from 3.5" to 7", he was my pride and joy :(, can't just leave him

I get that, but over medicating often leads to organ shutdown and you've already used a lot of different meds on it. More meds are likely to cause more harm than do good at this point.

HarryDk
07-05-2017, 09:34 PM
I think i will move him to QT again, keep water clean with some epsom, I have not given him any heavy med treatment yet, very gentle dose and I always give him some break in between. So my plan with him now is clean water + epsom, minimum feeding for a week before med. Don't give up on me boy :(

Keith Perkins
07-06-2017, 09:43 AM
A QT tank for him is a good way to go, you'll better be able to judge exactly what's going on with him as far as eating and expelling.