PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for all in the path of Irma.

Kingdom Come Discus
09-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Thoughts and Prayers to all in the path of Irma. Keep safe all!!!

discuspaul
09-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Yes - may all of our eastern coast members, particularly Floridians, be safe through Irma's move inland.
We're praying for you.

Discus-n00b
09-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Everyone take precautions and don't chance it with something like this! I hope all are safe and their animals are as well. New models show it just missing us directly though with it being a 400 mile wide storm we are sure to get something from it. Traffic is horrendous here with everyone from Florida heading up. It's a mess.

Disgirl
09-08-2017, 04:24 PM
I do hope all in the path will be OK after it is over. I live near the ocean in NC but this time we will miss the worst of it. That will hit the middle or western part of NC, who ever heard of a hurricane in the mountains of NC? Not me. And those are tall mountains too.
Barb

two utes
09-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Stay safe...Good luck!

fishbubbles
09-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm directly in the path and have generators and a 12 volt pump ready to go to help keep my tanks running. Let's hope power is restored quickly and everyone stays safe.

Keith Perkins
09-09-2017, 07:15 AM
Yup, I've been thinking about my various friends in Florida for several days now too. I see this morning they're expecting the storm to go up the west coast of Florida, though as big as this storm is its probably a matter of bad or worse. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hang on tight Pat.

Second Hand Pat
09-09-2017, 08:15 AM
Thanks Keith, still hoping it continues to track towards the west but it is a monster and we will get something. The damn thing is so big that we could be under strong winds etc for 24 to 36 hours. That will feel like forever. :(
Pat

Disgirl
09-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Will keep you in my thoughts Pat, and as Keith said "Hang on tight". When you are able to please give up updates. Hope your horse is somewhere safe by now? Do you have a generator?
Barb

Second Hand Pat
09-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Thanks Barb, we do. The horses stay home and loose. Locking them in a barn to panic is the worst thing you can do to them. It allows them to move out of danger if needed.
Pat

yogi
09-09-2017, 08:53 AM
This storm is definitely a monster. It's tracking seems to be trending west before the turn they keep calling for. I just hope all of us in it's path stay safe.

Kirbs
09-10-2017, 12:26 AM
My daughter, son-in-law & 2 grand daughters just moved to Naples! They have been there about a month! They had decided to stay until Friday morning when she woke up and found it had shifted and Naples became more of a direct hit. She has done a great job preparing for this but decided to leave. She took the kids to Orlando hoping it would be safer there. They are both Dr's and my son-in-law had to stay on call at the hospital

What a welcome to Florida!

Prayers are being said for everyone being affected! Stay safe!

pitdogg2
09-10-2017, 01:12 AM
Stay safe all.

Second Hand Pat
09-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Going under the gun today and tonight. Will worsen thru-out the day and will be rocking and rolling over night :( Expect to lose power later today or over night. Suppose to calm down midday Monday. I will post if I can on the other side (via phone if possible). Hoping everyone makes it thru and try to stay safe everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with our gulf coast residents.
Pat

Ryan
09-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Good luck Pat. We're already seeing heavy bands of rain up here and I'm a good 250 miles north of Miami. It looks like Irma will take a long, slow jog up the coast which is not good. At least if it came on land that would help slow it down. As long as the eye stays over warm water she'll maintain strong winds the whole time. Storm surge could be devastating. I hope all our Florida members are prepared! Good luck to everyone.

Second Hand Pat
09-10-2017, 09:00 AM
Same to you Ryan. So tired of the watch and wait. I want it to get the heck out of here. Best of luck to all our members affected by this beast.
Pat

discuspaul
09-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Stay safe, Pat.
Thinking of you & saying our prayers on your behalf.

Disgirl
09-10-2017, 05:34 PM
What a monster of a hurricane this is. Here in eastern NC, many hundreds of miles north of FL, we have lots of clouds and some wind from the distant outer bands of Irma. And it isn't even headed our way, just such a huge storm. Tomorrow we get rain from it. All you in the path take care and check in here with all of us who care about you.
Barb

Second Hand Pat
09-10-2017, 07:31 PM
We are getting hammered. Gusts tonight up to 80 all night long.
Pat

pastry
09-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Pat, praying for you woman. Stay safe

Second Hand Pat
09-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Thanks Elliot, I might need it. Still have power but they're saying the eyes going to be closer than expected to Orlando. Internet is gone so only on cell signal.
Pat

hayhar27
09-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Everyone in the path of this storm please stay safe.

btrader
09-13-2017, 10:26 AM
We made it through the storm with no damage and only lost power for 8 hours. Hope everyone else fared as well.

Second Hand Pat
09-13-2017, 12:15 PM
We made it pretty well. The eye came between us and Tampa so it was a pretty rocky road late Sunday through Monday. Some minor roof damage and a lot of tree debris but otherwise everything's fine. My parents are still with us. Their area was hit pretty hard but the house seems OK. Still no power for them or water. We got our power back the next day which was a blessing.
Pat

discuspaul
09-13-2017, 10:06 PM
We made it pretty well. The eye came between us and Tampa so it was a pretty rocky road late Sunday through Monday. Some minor roof damage and a lot of tree debris but otherwise everything's fine. My parents are still with us. Their area was hit pretty hard but the house seems OK. Still no power for them or water. We got our power back the next day which was a blessing.
Pat

Glad to hear the damage your way was minimal overall, Pat, and that you've safely made it through, WITH POWER resumed almost right away ! That's a plus.

From what I read & hear, it's going to be a long haul before many Floridians' homes are remade livable & their lives get back to normal.

Second Hand Pat
09-14-2017, 05:20 AM
Thanks Paul, we were very lucky. There is still bad stuff happening like localized flooding as water moves down river so this is not over for some folks.
Pat