PDA

View Full Version : Salt bath and Sterbie corydoras

sayid
09-15-2017, 08:40 AM
Hello every one;
I have a 55 g tank with 5 adult discus and 6 sterbie cories ,i have a gill fluke problem but it is not critical every now and then when the breathing gets too rapid i treat the whole tank with 2mg per ml of PP for 4 hours and that reduces the number of gill flukes and slows the breathing ,i also have put a few individual discus in 10 mg per ml of PP for 30 minutes in clean bucket . This works for about 2 months or so and then gradually the number of flukes increases .
My question is can i use salt bath for the cories , i am sure that discus can handle the salt bath 2 times per week for 4 weeks to break the cycle and place in a clean tank but what about the cories ?
The intention is to eradicate the gill fluke ,am i dreaming the impossible ?
Your comments are appreciated . Thanks

brewmaster15
09-15-2017, 09:01 AM
Sayid thats a tricky question.. Generally most fresh water fish can take a salt bath. You just have to be watchful when they roll over and get them back into fresh water asap. If this were me, I would try it first on one of the sterbai , it would be good to work out the timing as far as how long they can stay without rolling....

I don't think its impossible to eradicate, but its sure is not Easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why Flukes are called the gift that keeps giving.

al

sayid
09-15-2017, 07:52 PM
Thanks al for the very quick reply ,that is a good suggestion ,i have one cute sterbai who has lost an eye and he is going to be the brave hero .
thanks again.