PDA

View Full Version : Discus Not eating and hiding

ilya
09-18-2017, 03:09 AM
I have a ~30L tank, 5 months old, with 3 peppermints and 1 discus. 30% Water changes every 4th day
The discus is in there for temporary housing as my big tank sprung a leak and I'm having it repaired. He was fine for the first couple of days but after that he started either sitting on the bottom or floating right at the top. Also, he hasn't eaten in about 15 days. He looks very thin.
I'm not sure how to fix this, there is enough filtration (pretty sure) as I attached a canister with his old filter media when I put him in there. I thought it might be lack of aeration when he was floating at the top so I added an air stone. Didn't help!

brewmaster15
09-18-2017, 07:54 AM
I have a ~30L tank, 5 months old, with 3 peppermints and 1 discus. 30% Water changes every 4th day
The discus is in there for temporary housing as my big tank sprung a leak and I'm having it repaired. He was fine for the first couple of days but after that he started either sitting on the bottom or floating right at the top. Also, he hasn't eaten in about 15 days. He looks very thin.
I'm not sure how to fix this, there is enough filtration (pretty sure) as I attached a canister with his old filter media when I put him in there. I thought it might be lack of aeration when he was floating at the top so I added an air stone. Didn't help!

Hi Ilya,
I got your Pm and would be glad to try and help you but we definitely need more information and pictures...
Please start by filling this questionnaire out....
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

It doesn't sound like your discus is in very good shape right... I would suggest first off to increase your water changes to daily in that small tank. I realize its temporary but is definitely not good housing for a discus and may be contributing to its current state.

Hth,
al