PDA

View Full Version : My new fish room buddy

LizStreithorst
10-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Pretty thing, isn't he?

Jenene
10-01-2017, 04:18 PM
He is beautiful Liz. Is he just hanging in there, wandering through, or does he have a permanent home there?

Second Hand Pat
10-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Pretty frog and image Liz. :) I have had frogs in my WC barrows. I put them back outside so they have something to eat.
Pat

LizStreithorst
10-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Jenene, I first saw him in the fish room about two weeks ago when he was noticeably smaller. He can come and go as he chooses. I think that he likes the warm humid environment in the fish room

Pat, I do the same thing as you. I have several containers filled with rain water where the skeeters breed (I feed their larvae to the fish) and froggies and toads breed. Right now, lots if insects come in the fish room. Not so may that they bother me, but I know their they come in because the door to outside is open. He has plenty of eat right now. Later in the year I'll have to put him outside to he can go hibernate.

Disgirl
10-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Pretty leopard frog Liz! He is fat, lots to eat I think? Remember, he will get into your tanks and eat fish that will fit in his mouth. Is he fat from baby discus and angels perhaps??? I had one eat lots of 2" goldfish in my last pond.
Barb

LizStreithorst
10-02-2017, 10:09 AM
I have so many baby Angels that if he were to help himself to a few I wouldn't even notice. No baby Discus are missing. I had the male of a pair of gold rams disappear. They were guarding a clutch of eggs and one morning the male was gone and the female was hiding. Perhaps I'll invite Froggie out when I see him next.

Disgirl
10-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Good idea Liz =)
Barb

brewmaster15
10-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Pretty thing, isn't he?

Cute little Bugger Liz!

al