PDA

View Full Version : Current USA marine orbit LED for planted/discus tank

Rin_89
10-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I am looking into updating my 65gallon tall tank's LEDS with 2 24-36"inch marine orbit LED fixtures and if this would be suitable for my plants and discus? Thanks!

Phillydubs
10-09-2017, 04:58 PM
I have a current but the satellite plus pro - not familiar with the one you asked about but based on the name I assume it is for marine tanks. You would want something more suited for your plants and needs... babygirl Ryan has one as well with plants and I believe he is very happy with it

Ryan925
10-10-2017, 11:11 PM
I have a current but the satellite plus pro - not familiar with the one you asked about but based on the name I assume it is for marine tanks. You would want something more suited for your plants and needs... babygirl Ryan has one as well with plants and I believe he is very happy with it

+1 babygirl

A marine light will not work for your freshwater plants. Have a look at the current USA satellite plus pro

I have one of those and a finnex 24/7. I like both lights but prefer the option of customization of the satellite. I do like the 24/7 mode of the finnex and it did very well with the plants in my discus tank.