PDA

View Full Version : My Discustoday.info site, ranting

brewmaster15
10-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Hello all,
Please note that my Discustoday.info site has been compromised. I am forced to scrap it and rebuild it. It was either a hacker or a bad automatic software update by wordpress. Either way its not recoverable. My hosting company, Hostgator, apparently could not tell. The site was supposed to be backed automatically and I received emails that it was, however, it was not.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The tech support I got was pretty useless at best, poor enough that I am closing that account and moving sites elsewhere. Without dwelling on the shortcomings of hostgator, I will just say that its frustrating as all heck when you pay someone for years,and when you need the support its not there. Its been icing on the cake of an already bad day.

I will get my discustoday.info site up when time allows but for now, its coming down.

Please understand that none of this affects SimplyDiscus . I deliberately keep SimplyDiscus separate from my other sites for reasons like this.

I'm not a happy right now. But it will pass.

al

Second Hand Pat
10-10-2017, 12:33 PM
That really sucks Al and sorry to hear that. :(

Had a similar issue with the NADA forum on Blue Host. It's forum was hacked and corrupted the database yet there was no backup to be had. I understand that backups were done. :(

Pat

DonMD
10-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Well, that explains why I couldn't access it. That was an excellent site, I often referred buyers of my juvies to that site. Bummer!

brewmaster15
10-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Well, that explains why I couldn't access it. That was an excellent site, I often referred buyers of my juvies to that site. Bummer!
Thanks Don! It will be back...and better.:)

LizStreithorst
10-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Sorry Al. I've never even heard of Discus Today but I know how it feels when you get screwed. Stay optimistic. Tomorrow will be better.

Jenene
11-11-2017, 07:14 AM
That is awful Al. All your hard work. It must be absolutely maddening and frustrating. It also sounds like you need to start a new day fresh. Hoping this new one goes better for you.

I like that you are not giving up and plan on coming back better and stronger. Sounds just like you- glad to hear it.

Let us know when it’s up and running. It will be worth the wait. Hang in there...

Jack L
11-12-2017, 09:44 PM
sorry Al....its harder to think of a site that hasn't been hacked at this point

SLY
11-14-2017, 04:30 AM
Hi Al,

As usual Great Effort there, Im sure everything will be sorted out. Keep up the good work bro.

brewmaster15
11-18-2017, 12:10 PM
Hi Al,

As usual Great Effort there, Im sure everything will be sorted out. Keep up the good work bro.

Hey Sly! Long time my friend! Great seeing you stop by!

al