PDA

View Full Version : My fish just die, I want to know why. Tuberculosis?

HarryDk
11-08-2017, 10:10 PM
On 4th April I have a thread as below as my fish show some weird discolouration on his body.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?128420-What-is-wrong-with-my-fish-Has-anyone-experienced-this-before&highlight=

Later on Sep he stop eating and I move him to hospital tank with full course furan 2 + kanaplex. Then metro a week after;

His spine start curving and a day later he died very skinny and his gill not in great condition at all :( :cry::cry:

Does it has anything to do with that color pattern shown earlier? He was very healthy at that time, because I was away on holiday for 6 weeks. My brother helping with water change, all other fish is fine, if I find out earlier he would have a chance to live :(.
What do you think?

Filip
11-09-2017, 06:57 PM
My opinion is that he had lost appetite a while ago and got emaciated over a course of few months to get to this condition . I guess it was already too weak and skinny to withstand the course of 3 medications and since they didn't helped it to regain its appetite it slowly wasted away.
I don't think this has something to do with the April's discolouration problem simply because of the 5 month timespan between the two issues .
If it was in a good shape until September I guess your 6 weeks away and unproper maintenace compromised its immune system and got him off feeding.

HarryDk
11-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Thanks Filip, actually that first shot was August not April, so it happen fairly quick. Before my trip he ate like a pig, huge change when I came back :(

Jack L
11-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Harry, i don't know. I had one do the exact same thing recently. even that buldge behind/above the eye

sayid
11-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Harry , I had a Marlbro red who just stop eating and i eventually took him to an aquatic vet and he tried antibiotic ,vitamin B12 ,feeding through tube and he died with the spine curvature ,the vet was suspecting T.B and he opened him up and the result was a tumor in the intestine ,some time you can't explain certain death, my curiosity ended up me over $ 700 plus a dead fish.

HarryDk
11-13-2017, 12:52 AM
Harry , I had a Marlbro red who just stop eating and i eventually took him to an aquatic vet and he tried antibiotic ,vitamin B12 ,feeding through tube and he died with the spine curvature ,the vet was suspecting T.B and he opened him up and the result was a tumor in the intestine ,some time you can't explain certain death, my curiosity ended up me over $ 700 plus a dead fish.

Sayid, you just beat me to dead with your curiosity and dedication :D. I though my medication import from USA + building him his personal care tank is great enough ~_~. Never dream of seeing an aquatic Vet before. Man, I have to visit you one day, where are you living?

sayid
11-13-2017, 05:28 AM
Harry i just sent you a PM