PDA

View Full Version : The Simply Discus curse

DiscusBR
12-09-2017, 09:48 PM
When I left the hobby and the forum almost two years ago, Al Sabetta, the owner of this forum, wrote:

Mauro, you arent going away my friend. You have discus in your blood. Thats something that you will always have. Many people take breaks from the hobby but people with a passion for Discus always come back. Lurk often...Im sure it will help shorten the time away!;)

One of the meanings of curse: a pronouncement made effective by a supernatural or spiritual power, such as a god or gods, a spirit, or a natural force, or else as a kind of spell by magic or witchcraft.

You are all doomed...

Second Hand Pat
12-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Hi Mauro, long time no see. Does this apply to you also? :)
Pat

tonytheboss1
12-10-2017, 11:49 AM
:bandana: lol lol lol Be careful what you wish for as well as what is wished upon you lol lol lol!! "T"

DiscusBR
12-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Hi Mauro, long time no see.

Thank you, Pat.

Does this apply to you also? :)

Yes, I was overcome by Al's spell :devil:

:bandana: lol lol lol Be careful what you wish for as well as what is wished upon you lol lol lol!! "T"

Exactly! :)

Second Hand Pat
12-10-2017, 12:20 PM
What did you end up with Mauro? Pics?
Pat

discuspaul
12-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Very nice to hear from you again, Mauro !
I trust your life has moved along pleasantly over the past couple of years you've been 'away'.
Are you enjoying the Big Easy ?

DiscusBR
12-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Very nice to hear from you again, Mauro !
I trust your life has moved along pleasantly over the past couple of years you've been 'away'.
Are you enjoying the Big Easy ?

Hi Paul, nice to hear from you. Yes, life is good, moved forward after divorce, got a new house. Now ready to go back to the hobby. I really love living here in New Orleans.

What is life without some suspense, Pat? :o

DiscusBR
12-10-2017, 01:59 PM

I will try to post a video today. Who can guess what I got? :)

DiscusBR
12-11-2017, 12:08 AM
No suspense anymore. I got a 75g and 6 wild Cuipeua discus from John (Snookn21). Here is the setup:

I am going with a minimalist setup: no plants and no tankmates. Just the discus with some Manzanita driftwood and pool filter sand.

The Cuipeuas have been in the tank for 5 days but are still very skittish. They have not settled yet, so no videos. But here a some pics with my crappy cell phone camera:

Once they settle I will open a new thread and upload a video.

I am happy to be back to town :)

Kirbs
12-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Very nice Mauro! They are looking good!

Disgirl
12-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Welcome home Mauro! I always knew you would be back. Good looking tank and fish and glad to see something I recognize in there too!
Barb

Second Hand Pat
12-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Very nice Mauro and not surprised. :)
Pat

Altum Nut
12-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Nice to see you back Mauro and glad life is treating you well. Very pleased with your new additions and with time those Cuipeuas will flourish under your care.

...Ralph

DiscusBR
12-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Very nice Mauro! They are looking good!

Thank you!

Welcome home Mauro! I always knew you would be back. Good looking tank and fish and glad to see something I recognize in there too!
Barb

Thank you, Barb. I knew you were an accomplice to the curse :) And yes, I did not keep a lot of stuff from my previous setup, but I did keep your beautiful cone.

Very nice Mauro and not surprised. :)
Pat

Thank you, Pat. Your wilds have always been an inspiration.

Nice to see you back Mauro and glad life is treating you well. Very pleased with your new additions and with time those Cuipeuas will flourish under your care.

Thank you, Ralph. I hope you are right about your optimism.

Phillydubs
12-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Welcome back! Even skiddish and hiding they looo gorgeous and nicely shaped !! Enjoy!!

DiscusBR
12-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Welcome back! Even skiddish and hiding they looo gorgeous and nicely shaped !! Enjoy!!

Thank you, Phil. I am very happy with the shipment. They look very promising.

DiscusBR
12-12-2017, 11:43 AM
You know your discus are starting to settle when they start fighting :)