PDA

View Full Version : Video: Discus Room Tour w/ strains and breeder names

GVB
12-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Here's my latest update on my discus room after a morning of waterchanging and moving fish around. I go through the video explaining what each fish is and what breeder it came from.

Please click HD and turn your sound up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZCT5MSU1Qo

I don't hide if my fish is sick because discus can get sick from time to time :)

I'm currently running:
7 55gals
3 60gals
3 29gals
2 20gals
1 120gal
1 220gal

Water Aging:
4 55gals
2 100gals

fancygoldfish
01-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you had any wild discus for sale. I live in nj.

Thanks,

Vince

DiscusBR
01-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Outstanding! Amazing high-quality discus! So much going on there. It looks like you have you hands full :) I like those Piwos Red Turks. Two questions:

1. What is the name of the wild strain you have (besides the red-spotted greens)?

2. Why don't you separate tanks according to strain? Wouldn't that ensure proper pairing?

Congratulations on your beautiful discus and fish room.

GVB
01-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if you had any wild discus for sale. I live in nj.

Thanks,

Vince

Hi! I do not at the moment

GVB
01-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Outstanding! Amazing high-quality discus! So much going on there. It looks like you have you hands full :) I like those Piwos Red Turks. Two questions:

1. What is the name of the wild strain you have (besides the red-spotted greens)?

2. Why don't you separate tanks according to strain? Wouldn't that ensure proper pairing?

Congratulations on your beautiful discus and fish room.

I have cuipeuas as well, and a small heckle.

I'm always moving things around to form pairs, part of my process.

Bizarro252
01-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Amazing fish room! Super jelly :)

I notice (a few times but paused at the 7 min ish mark) you have Stendkers and Asians mixed, this is something I would love to do but am scared to attempt, did you do anything special besides a good QT/hero fish technique? Have you had any bad experiences mixing the two?

Thanks!

GVB
01-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Amazing fish room! Super jelly :)

I notice (a few times but paused at the 7 min ish mark) you have Stendkers and Asians mixed, this is something I would love to do but am scared to attempt, did you do anything special besides a good QT/hero fish technique? Have you had any bad experiences mixing the two?

Thanks!

I have my way of doing a qt that has worked for years. The main things is to not let one drop of water go from one tank to another, i'll use separate equipment to do water changes for a month. I'll also add a couple gallons of main system water into the qt tank during a water change as well. PP baths/dip once the fish have settled into their qt tank.

Bizarro252
01-24-2018, 05:55 PM
I have my way of doing a qt that has worked for years. The main things is to not let one drop of water go from one tank to another, i'll use separate equipment to do water changes for a month. I'll also add a couple gallons of main system water into the qt tank during a water change as well. PP baths/dip once the fish have settled into their qt tank.

And once treated with PraziPro, after QT, you have mixed them with no issues?

GVB
02-11-2018, 05:53 PM
PP stands for potassium permanganate, but yes no issues