PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of your "less than perfect" discus

HappyFace
12-30-2017, 01:11 PM
So you have a discus that's not perfect. Maybe you plan to get rid of them or you already did or maybe you love their flaws. I have a few perfect discus I don't want to keep and a couple of less than perfect ones that I adore. Go figure.

Here's a pic of one of my new white butterfly. From what I've seen a perfect white butterfly should be white bodied and usually has tribal patterns on it's face so this butterfly is possibly not the ideal, the standard. In the breeder's pictures this fish was pure pale blue but when it got to my tank it's completely different. It might change back after acclimation but I love it just as it is. I named her Nunue , a BoraBora island, because she has a white sandy beach face, a sandy reef around her face and medium and dark blue ocean body, more pronounced at night. Her eyes glow ethereal.

rickztahone
12-30-2017, 03:06 PM
I think that's a nice looking discus. Tfs

HappyFace
12-30-2017, 03:24 PM
I think that's a nice looking discus. Tfs

Thank you Rick! I really love her. All my other discus are predictable solid or patterned. Her and the other butterfly I got both have similar coloration but Nunue stands out with her electric eyes and round ocean body. I saw this picture of the island Nunue and thought of her. :)

rickztahone
12-30-2017, 04:19 PM
I feel like Rick would love this discus for experimenting

Willie
12-30-2017, 04:20 PM
So you have a discus that's not perfect.....

"Not perfect" discus would be most of my fish room, LOL! Perfect, or near perfect, discus are few and far between. The last "perfect" one I had got sick about a year ago and croaked. After two decades in the hobby, I'm focusing on having a few great fish versus a lot of them. Still, those "perfect" ones are hard to come by.

Willie

HappyFace
12-30-2017, 06:55 PM
"Not perfect" discus would be most of my fish room, LOL! Perfect, or near perfect, discus are few and far between. The last "perfect" one I had got sick about a year ago and croaked. After two decades in the hobby, I'm focusing on having a few great fish versus a lot of them. Still, those "perfect" ones are hard to come by.

Willie

I so totally agree with this. My fave 3 fish died this year. It was hard to find motivation to buy more until this month I was sick of seeing an empty tank. I wanted perfection but I'm finding I love the discus I recently got that are perfect shape but unique not so perfect color and the perfect color ones are my least favorite. Makes no sense.