PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help

bazblitz772
01-06-2018, 09:41 PM
So my girlfriend accidentally unplugged the heater to my tank. This is the result. I have Cupermine on hand.

bazblitz772
01-06-2018, 09:42 PM
How do I post pics from my iPhone?

Adam S
01-06-2018, 09:50 PM
Is SD different on iPhone compared to Android and desktop? Go Advanced - Manage Attachments (should get a popup) - Add Files - Choose Files - pick your files (one at a time) - Insert Inline.

bazblitz772
01-06-2018, 09:50 PM
managed to do it from my computer

Adam S
01-06-2018, 10:19 PM
It's not super clear, but are there white spots?

If it's ich, you need to smash it quickly before it spreads. 1/2 cup rock/solar salt per 10 gallons, high heat (88°F-92°F should be fine for discus) and copper or malachite green for 5-7 days, depending on the heat and species. This will kill ich, but it is harsh on the fish. Copper and malachite stain clear silicone.

If this is your only tank and losing the fish would be devastating, you could try just using heat and salt. This is a bit easier on the fish and usually kills ich, but the chems add a bit of insurance.

Either way, make sure to change a lot (90%+ if possible) of water before treating and daily while treating. Replace salt and meds with respect to how much water you change (don't retreat the whole tank like you would with metro), and don't forget to use carbon after treatment.

Finally, take the treatments I'm recommending with some caution as it's very difficult to diagnose someone else's fish over the internet. Your fish could be fine for all I know, and treating it without certainty on your end is a terrible idea. Way more fish die from medicine than disease.