PDA

View Full Version : freeze dried beefheart

matt2426
01-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Hi I'm trying to feed my fish a variety of foods I currently am feeding them fdbw and als discus chow but I was looking at freeze dried beefheart has anybody ever used it and how did your fish like it is it just as good as the frozen beefheart I would rather do the frozen but shipping is so expensive to overnight it I can buy small quanties of it at my lfs but they don't always have it in stock anyway was just wondering if anybody has tried the fdbeefheart thanks

bluelagoon
01-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Surely,you must be able to buy fresh at your supermarkets;you do live in the USA.Can't imagine it not being available.Fresh is better.You can also buy a mix of FDBW and BH in it.

matt2426
01-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Surely,you must be able to buy fresh at your supermarkets;you do live in the USA.Can't imagine it not being available.Fresh is better.You can also buy a mix of FDBW and BH in it.

ya I guess I can buy it at the supermarket never looked into it

Keith Perkins
01-21-2018, 12:36 PM
I always hit up the small butchers, and shop around. Prices vary wildly.

matt2426
01-21-2018, 01:01 PM
I always hit up the small butchers, and shop around. Prices vary wildly.

do you guys just feed straight beefheart I see a lot of people make there own mixes is if fine to just feed plain beef heart

fishbubbles
01-21-2018, 07:49 PM
You can feed shredded beef heart on it's own but it is always best to give them a more balanced diet. I blend my beef heart with a variety of other foods such as, black worms, crushed vitamins, tilapia, shrimp, discus chow, wheat germ, peas, bananas, and the kitchen sink.