PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in My tank

geo57
04-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Two of the seven discus i have, have formed a pair and are laying eggs, however the big female of the seven is pushing away the egg laying female and eating her eggs. I don't think she is going to allow any female of the group to breed. Since the two paired up, I can see the group as a whole is getting more aggressive. I don't want to place them in another tank, i was hoping my tank was big enough that they would have room to do all their fish stuff. I am going to observe and leave as is for now, they are not killing one another yet and maybe with time they will settle down a bit.

Filip
04-11-2018, 04:46 AM
Sweet and positive problems you have there George :) . And I thought your fish were too young to pair .
After the eggs get eaten or taken out of the tank the aggression should subside, at least until the next spawn .

geo57
04-11-2018, 11:18 AM
They are growing fast Filip, originally the big female was considerably larger than the next four with the final two being much smaller. Now the four are catching up with the large female, the smallest has caught up to the second smallest a mix of a blue diamond and I don't know what lol, who looks to be stunted, he is not growing much and has large eyes and he is not really round but has a bit of a beak nose/mouth and every one else chases him around...so of course he is my favorite. He is also very thin, but he does eat and he greets me all the time, i like him a lot.