PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into hobby

zchauvin
04-29-2018, 03:04 PM
After a long few years of moving around, getting married, and now finally owning a home I'm ready to get back into this great hobby. Saw a few things that changed, what did I miss? I'm into wilds and saw that apparently no sponsor here currently imports wilds anymore with the exception of john who seems to be a hard man to get in touch with.

Second Hand Pat
04-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Hi Zach and welcome back. :) Check out Jimmy Discus. He has a wild shipment with pics in his sponsor section here on the forum.
Pat

zchauvin
04-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Hi Zach and welcome back. :) Check out Jimmy Discus. He has a wild shipment with pics in his sponsor section here on the forum.
Pat

Thanks Pat, how are your fish doing?

zchauvin
05-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Man... is it just me or did the activity level here drop significantly?

rugal
05-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Yeah Jimmy is a great guy to go for wild discus. I bought from him twice and both time i have good experience with him. He is most active on fb though.

Filip
05-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Man... is it just me or did the activity level here drop significantly?

I'm afraid its not just you Zach :( . I feel that forums in general are loosing their battle with today's Facebook groups .

rugal
05-07-2018, 04:32 PM
I'm afraid its not just you Zach :( . I feel that forums in general are loosing their battle with today's Facebook groups .
I think we have facebook group too :) We just need to have some activities going on so people can show up more.

Filip
05-07-2018, 05:07 PM
I think we have facebook group too :) We just need to have some activities going on so people can show up more.

Yes we do Rugal .
But we , the forum members , tend to keep our main focus on the forum as a tool of sharing knowledge instead of transferring it on a FB .
At least that's what I would like to do

zchauvin
05-07-2018, 09:18 PM
I tend to stay away from Facebook other than to follow suppliers and what not. Not a huge fan of Facebook groups. It's a shame because this place used to be busy and people were always sharing. Not so much now

rugal
05-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Yeah people come and go but we are still here, old souls lol.