PDA

View Full Version : Snow white Discus

MarvinVill
05-21-2018, 10:42 PM
How long would it take to generally have them color up to be fully white? I currently have one a snow white at about an inch and a half and the fish seems to be more of a very light yellow. I was wondering if this is normal or maybe the fish isn't a snow white at all. Here's a picture showing the specific discus

RogueDiscus
05-22-2018, 12:18 AM
As a pigeon blood based fish, it looks like it may have some peppering due to stress that may go away in time if conditions are good. The other thing to watch out for though are foods that have any color enhancers in them. This usually causes them to yellow. I've never had one that small, so I can't say for sure if that's what's happening.

MarvinVill
05-22-2018, 02:56 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for any non color enhancing foods? Will feeding them beef heart still be okay or will it cause the fish to yellow still?

RogueDiscus
05-22-2018, 10:05 AM
I think beefheart alone would not be a problem, but I think some of the shrimp products or maybe farmed salmon that gets added to mixes add color. I use Al's freezedried blackworms and discus pellets for my whites and yellows to keep them that way (not turning red).

hardcore_freak
06-02-2018, 11:02 AM
This is a pigeon based discus with the typical yellowish based color and peppering around the fins.
It's not a snow white.

brewmaster15
06-02-2018, 11:12 AM
This is a pigeon based discus with the typical yellowish based color and peppering around the fins.
It's not a snow white.

absolutely agree!

al

Fishquake
06-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Along with beef mix we feed are yellows sera Discus Color Blue.