PDA

View Full Version : I will have new Discus soon

LizStreithorst
05-25-2018, 03:56 PM
I though that my heart had been broken by Discus too many times for me to want to try again. Shows what I know..I found some fish that were what I was looking for based on the few breeding Discus I have left from my last disaster and low and behold I found the perfect type. The importer ordered some just for me.

I contacted her via PM the other day and told her that I was dying of an tis i......PATION:o She PM'd me back this morning that the fish just arrived in the country and she was off to do all the dang paperwork to receive them and them pick them up. After all I've gone through with Discus, once again I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve.

Len
05-25-2018, 04:03 PM
Good luck Liz. Hope you have good luck with them.

korbi_doc
05-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Hey Liz, I'm so glad to read this, you're a good discus keeper & should be back in to the fray...my crew has gone, have 1 guy left..., but maybe if I can get things together, I would also start over with a few. Seems the desire never goes away, but my problem is trying to keep up the maintenance, would have to be a simple set-up..we'll see what happens....are you going to be at NADA? I'm trying to put the trip together, probably will fly & stay at my daughters for awhile, but would love to be there for a part of the time, lol....
I sure wish you the best of luck getting started again, you can do this... :D:cowboy: Dottie

LizStreithorst
05-25-2018, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Dottie. Another problem you have is that your tap water sucks and the water company won't give you your water report which is required by law! I've turned old due to my back problems but I can still work part time and do tank maintenance on my multitude of tanks myself.

I won't be at NADA. I will miss hanging out with Barb and rooming with you and seeing Pat. Other than that I have no desire to go. I have become disillusioned with the show fish and the internal workings of the club itself.

Paul Sabucchi
05-26-2018, 03:15 AM
Glad to hear you have found some fish to lift your spirits, looking forward to photos. All my sympathy for your back, I put mine out last week and even steroids have given only marginal benefit. Take care

Second Hand Pat
05-26-2018, 08:02 AM
So happy for you Liz!! Hopefully this re-lights your passion for discus. Looking forward to pics once they are happy and settled at your place.
Pat

two utes
05-26-2018, 06:15 PM
I can feel your excitement Liz. I'm happy for you. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new arrivals...Too bad about not attending NADA this year, l would have liked to meet you, but understand your reasoning.

Keep us updated :)

LizStreithorst
05-26-2018, 07:22 PM
Will do, Joe.

danotaylor
05-26-2018, 10:57 PM
I can feel your excitement Liz. I'm happy for you. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new arrivals...Too bad about not attending NADA this year, l would have liked to meet you, but understand your reasoning.

Keep us updated :)

You flyin from Aus for NADA mate?

danotaylor
05-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Sorry Liz, I didn't intend to hijack your thread...got excited to see there was another aussie on SD...Joe graciously answered my qn on a PM :)

Willie
05-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Gonna miss you, mama bear. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to complain to myself!

Willie

LizStreithorst
05-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Daniel, threads go every which-way all the time. It's not a problem.

Willie, you can always ***** to me via PM. I'll miss you too,

brewmaster15
05-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Liz,
I knew sooner or latter you'd give it another try. Im glad to hear it and hope they workout for you. Best of luck when you get them in.
al

LizStreithorst
05-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Thank you, Al.