PDA

View Full Version : 'No' Contest thread for me..

sanjay21
06-13-2018, 09:13 PM
I'm suppose to receive 12 Cobalts today and I was going to start a Contest Thread on them. Its been 2 days shipped and I haven't gotten them yet. So stressing .. I just hope that they make it on some miracle.

Tyler
06-13-2018, 10:20 PM
ugh that is excruciating BUT - pros pack fish for way longer than they need to. i have heard some crazy survival stories, so all hope is not lost!

Gabriel13
06-14-2018, 12:11 AM
Oh no... I hope that everything turns out okay and your discus are delivered safely.

LizStreithorst
06-14-2018, 08:10 AM
Been there experienced that. My fingers are crossed for you.

Second Hand Pat
06-14-2018, 08:14 AM
I'm suppose to receive 12 Cobalts today and I was going to start a Contest Thread on them. Its been 2 days shipped and I haven't gotten them yet. So stressing .. I just hope that they make it on some miracle.

Hope they come today and are ok.
Pat

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 08:54 AM
I received a call this morning at 6:30am to pick the fish from my local post office, it’s nice of them to let me do that since they open at 8:30am. All the fish are doing fine like they just got out a 1day shipping lol. I received 1 less fish, seller did mention that she might have missed one bag. I’m just glad they are all doing fine.

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Thanks everyone. They were shipped on June 11th and I received it this morning. Packing is excellent, fish were bagged individually.

LizStreithorst
06-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Thank God. I know the stress of a late or lost box. It's close to unbearable.

Second Hand Pat
06-14-2018, 09:23 AM

Me too. Hope the fish do will.
Pat

danotaylor
06-14-2018, 09:24 AM
That's great news Sanjay! Since they were packed so well and the problem was with the delivery do you mind telling us who you purchase the Cobalts from?

nolefan
06-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Glad they arrived safely .. I’m not a huge fan of USPS for overnight fish delivery .. I’ve tried it it a few times and it always takes 2 days minimum

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 10:27 AM

Swedgin
06-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Glad you got them, what a nightmare, I’d go nuts I think.
So you can do your contest thread after all. Good luck

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 11:36 AM
That's great news Sanjay! Since they were packed so well and the problem was with the delivery do you mind telling us who you purchase the Cobalts from?

Thanks Daniel ! I got them from Martha Morris. She is also a member here at Simply, sells Discus on Aquabid. Parents of these Cobalts are a pair of her own, and the line originated with a cross between a Forest cobalt and a Piwowarski snakeskin. So yes, I did receive couple of Snakeskins as well in this batch. Packing was done really well, which is what saved them.

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Its very stressful! constantly calling the USPS locations and numerous times I checked on the tracking, hoping it updated.

Me too. Hope the fish do will.
Pat
Thank you Pat, fish are looking fine for now too early to say they are at 100% . One guy hiding since he got out of the bag.

Glad they arrived safely .. I’m not a huge fan of USPS for overnight fish delivery .. I’ve tried it it a few times and it always takes 2 days minimum
True ! I've had similar issues with USPS in the past.

Glad you got them, what a nightmare, I’d go nuts I think.
So you can do your contest thread after all. Good luck
Thanks Tobi :) I will enter the contest later today when I get back home.

Gabriel13
06-14-2018, 12:19 PM
They look good. Im gonna enjoy watching them grow up! Glad they got home safely.

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 01:05 PM
They look good. Im gonna enjoy watching them grow up! Glad they got home safely.

Thanks Gabriel :) I'm glad they arrived safe.

Paul Sabucchi
06-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Really glad the fish arrived unscathed. I recently went through a similar kind of worry but the wait was of a different order of magnitude, had some Aphanius mento posted over from Malta. They took 11 (ELEVEN) days to arrive, 7 out f 8 were alive, a little washed out but otherwise ok and probably even the eighth would have been ok if the breathable bag had not burst. Good job killies are less fragile than discus

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Really glad the fish arrived unscathed. I recently went through a similar kind of worry but the wait was of a different order of magnitude, had some Aphanius mento posted over from Malta. They took 11 (ELEVEN) days to arrive, 7 out f 8 were alive, a little washed out but otherwise ok and probably even the eighth would have been ok if the breathable bag had not burst. Good job killies are less fragile than discus

11 days omg !! I can only imagine the misery. I take so much guilt when these situations happen to me, that these fish get trapped in small bags and I placed the order. I'm glad they made it safe, sucks that the last one died due to the bag.

LizStreithorst
06-14-2018, 03:52 PM
The little fish always handle late delivery better than big fish. They all look good but the blue scorpion (if that's what it is) looks a little dark.

sanjay21
06-14-2018, 04:49 PM
The little fish always handle late delivery better than big fish. They all look good but the blue scorpion (if that's what it is) looks a little dark.

Yeah! I noticed that too also one more who's hiding behind a sponge also seems to be darker. Hope they get better by the time I see them after work.

LizStreithorst
06-14-2018, 05:03 PM
They all came from the same breeder. It's probably nothing more than stress. Keep a close eye on them and keep their water clean. I'm sure they'll become acclimate after a day or two. If not I can help you. I've been through it all and have learned a lot.

Pices
06-14-2018, 09:28 PM
I lost 2 of 10 fish on a fed ex delivery. They left on a wed for Fri. delivery. Warehouse closed in route and I didn’t get them until Mon. I was shocked that any of them lived. Kenny packs fish good! Needless to say I don’t do Fri deliveries anymore. Glad yours are made it okay.
Patty

sanjay21
06-15-2018, 09:42 AM
They all came from the same breeder. It's probably nothing more than stress. Keep a close eye on them and keep their water clean. I'm sure they'll become acclimate after a day or two. If not I can help you. I've been through it all and have learned a lot.
Thanks Liz :)

I lost 2 of 10 fish on a fed ex delivery. They left on a wed for Fri. delivery. Warehouse closed in route and I didn’t get them until Mon. I was shocked that any of them lived. Kenny packs fish good! Needless to say I don’t do Fri deliveries anymore. Glad yours are made it okay.
Patty
That's horrible ! Friday deliveries are the worst.

CliffsDiscus
06-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Once the seller leaves the boxes at the US
PS or FEDEX it can go out of control.
I got a call to pick up 12 boxes of fish
that I didn't order.

Cliff

sanjay21
06-15-2018, 03:52 PM
that I didn't order.

Cliff

12 boxes ? wow !
what did you end up doing ?

nolefan
06-15-2018, 03:54 PM
I chanced it and got a box today from UPS from Cali no problems at all .. I didn’t pick the day I just agreed ...

brady
06-15-2018, 03:58 PM
I have been to Martha's and buy my fish from her and I can tell you
she is one dedicated lady to the quality of her fish.
I am sure you fish will do OK if you give them the care they need
Jay

Second Hand Pat
06-15-2018, 03:59 PM
that I didn't order.

Cliff

Guess that is one way to rehome some fish :crazy:
Pat

LizStreithorst
06-15-2018, 06:23 PM
The greatest reason I despise shipping is because once the box is out of my hands it's totally out of my hands. I once had a box that was sent USPS priority that went all over the country until it arrived at it's destination a full week later. I had already refunded the guys money when he emailed to tell me that the fish finally arrived and they were all perfectly healthy and that he was happy. That's when I got confident that my bagging and packing was top notch. These were Angles though. Discus never would have survived.

Pices
06-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Liz if I ever have to wait a week for a fish, would you come over and pack me? I’m not sure I’D survive waiting that long!
Patty

Love the coloring on your fish. Looking good!

CliffsDiscus
06-16-2018, 02:36 PM
12 boxes ? wow !
what did you end up doing ?
I deliver the boxes to the buyer's house.
The buyer was on an fishing trip in Alaska.
Cliff

brewmaster15
06-16-2018, 02:42 PM
I deliver the boxes to the buyer's house.
The buyer was on an fishing trip in Alaska.
Cliff

Cliff, I Sure hope someone was home to tank those fish! :evilgrin:

CliffsDiscus
06-16-2018, 03:28 PM
Cliff, I Sure hope someone was home to tank those fish! :evilgrin:
His wife was home so I opened all of the boxes and place all of the fish in their tanks no deaths. This guy has helped me
with waterchanges when I'm on vacation.

Cliff

brewmaster15
06-16-2018, 04:37 PM
You are a good friend Cliff.:)