PDA

View Full Version : July 4th Photo Contest!

RogueDiscus
07-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Hi Folks!
I would like to introduce our photo contest for July. This month's contest theme will be "July 4th Festivities." Please submit your best shot of any July 4th themed item. It could be parades, fireworks, BBQ's, whatever the day has in store for you. We are currently working on a prize, which we'll announce as soon as it's settled.

See the normal rules and disclaimers below.

1. Please only submit one photo. Should you submit more entries, we will automatically use your first posted picture.
2. You must be the person that took the picture and have permission to use it.
3. Your submission gives us permission to use the photo for this contest, host it on an offsite location and post it in a poll on SimplyDiscus.
4. Post processing is allowed, ie Cropping, sharpening, color correction etc. The goal with PP should be to bring out the images natural beauty or appearance. We strongly encourage our members to make use of the Photo Centre's free information center to improve their skills. ..(http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...6-Photo-Centre) . Photos submitted must not have additional elements added that were not in the original image unless contest rules specifically allow for it.
5. No commenting please, comments will be deleted by moderators.
6. Since winners are determined by poll, all registered members of SimplyDiscus including Admins, Moderators, Sponsors, and Subscription holders are eligible to participate.
7. The contest will extend through July 21st and we will reserve the last week of July for voting.

We have tried to anticipate all issues and make the rules clear and concise, but should an issue or problem arise we maintain all rights to resolve it as we see fit. You agree to this by your submission

GOOD LUCK

RogueDiscus
07-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Barb "Disgirl" of Delightful Designs Discus Cones has generously offered one of her cones and a cave as the prize for this contest. Thanks Barb!

brewmaster15
07-03-2018, 02:58 PM
As always...you Rock Barb! We can always count on your support here and its never a matter of asking. Thank you for your help!
al

Disgirl
07-03-2018, 08:03 PM
I am honored to be able to help this great forum Al! Looking forward to seeing lots of July 4th pics here.
Barb

RogueDiscus
07-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Please take some pics! Just encouraging folks to take a pic or two and to post in this month's contest.

brewmaster15
07-05-2018, 01:08 PM
I guess I will go first...

4th of July cookout..

al

Second Hand Pat
07-05-2018, 02:58 PM
This young lad and his mom are family friends visiting from Scotland and enjoying the 4th of July. I was teaching him how to catch and hold lizards...making a Floridian out of him. :D You can see dinner cooking on the porch behind Riley.

thomaswal
07-08-2018, 06:07 AM
I didn't think I could find anything to submit as I'm not in the US.
This weekend I came to my grand-father's house in France and an American-loving association had organised an American-themed event in his village.
So here's my take on the 4th of July in a village in France, on the 7th!

jeep
07-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Every 4th!

RogueDiscus
07-21-2018, 04:18 PM
If you've got any lingering July 4th themed photos out there, now's the time to post them. The entry window for this contest will close this evening and the poll will open tomorrow. Would love to see more pics!

RogueDiscus
07-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Hi Folks,
Please consider voting for one of the July 4th contest entries.

discuspaul
07-25-2018, 11:38 PM
I've voted.

Pardal
07-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Me as well.

RogueDiscus
07-30-2018, 05:06 PM
Hi Folks,
One more day for a vote!

RogueDiscus
08-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Our July 4th Pic Photo Contest has ended and congratulations to Pat for her winning pic. Thanks again to "Disgirl" Barb for her generous offer of a cone and cave as the prize for this contest. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Disgirl
08-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Congratulations Pat, I love that pic, makes me wish I had a grandchild to do things like that with! Send me a pm with your info again please, and I ask you to post a pic of what I send you. Thanks!
Barb