PDA

View Full Version : Fdbw

jim LI
07-04-2018, 01:15 PM
I have been feeding my fish Al's FDBW with spinach for a couple of years. I usually freeze them and only take a handful out to feed. My question is how long does the unfrozen cubes last? will they go bad in say 2 weeks time? That's about how many i take out to feed them daily.

Thanks,
Jim

RogueDiscus
07-04-2018, 01:23 PM
I keep my kg of cubes in my "beer fridge" and re-fill a smaller bag every two weeks or so to keep by the tanks. I think as long as they stay dry, they will last a long time.

Altum Nut
07-04-2018, 10:35 PM
I get mine locally in 50g bags that are foil lined with zip-lock. I keep one bag on the shelf until complete which is around 3 weeks or longer without issues. The unopened stock gets stored just as Steve does in the bar fridge.

...Ralph

brewmaster15
07-05-2018, 10:01 AM
I have been feeding my fish Al's FDBW with spinach for a couple of years. I usually freeze them and only take a handful out to feed. My question is how long does the unfrozen cubes last? will they go bad in say 2 weeks time? That's about how many i take out to feed them daily.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,
They have a shelf life of months ( 5-6 months easily) depending on you store them. Store protected from moisture, oxygen, and heat. A good suggestion is to store product in the refrigerator in an airtight container and take out only what you will need for a week, this can be stored at Room Temp in a ziplock bag or other container. Never use wet fingers to reach into the bag or leave the bag open. 2 weeks worth should be fine as long as the bag is sealed and airtight and you keep it dry.

* Keep out of reach of cats and dogs! They like it as much your fish will...especially dogs!

Hth,
al

DonMD
07-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Darn expensive dog food! Haha. Great for fish, tho!

jim LI
07-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Al