PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel about this project?

brewmaster15
07-05-2018, 02:27 PM
I was thinking of doing something different here and could use your feedback everyone.

Every month theres a ton of really cool photos posted here by members in various threads.Most of these never seem to make it into our photocontests or get much attention. As a hobbyist with two serious addictions, Discus and Photography, this bothers the heck out of me. I don't profess to know why people don't share their images more or comment on the ones they see more... its one of those elusive mysteries I may never solve.

But I was thinking it may be cool for the team here to pick images posted by you all and each month have a poll and vote on the best most intresting image.etc..a peoples choice thing. If we did this we would also ask.members here to nominate images for that month that they see on the forum.

Thoughts?

Al

Paul Sabucchi
07-05-2018, 03:19 PM
As long as you and the rest of the crew don't mind the extra workload it sounds a good idea, give folk a second chance to see good photos they may have missed 1st time round

brewmaster15
07-06-2018, 05:47 AM
Bump

Pices
07-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Al, you are an “idea guy” always striving to make a great site even better. I think it’s an excellent idea.
Patty

fljones3
07-06-2018, 12:39 PM
I was thinking of doing something different here and could use your feedback everyone.

Every month theres a ton of really cool photos posted here by members in various threads.Most of these never seem to make it into our photocontests or get much attention. As a hobbyist with two serious addictions, Discus and Photography, this bothers the heck out of me. I don't profess to know why people don't share their images more or comment on the ones they see more... its one of those elusive mysteries I may never solve.

But I was thinking it may be cool for the team here to pick images posted by you all and each month have a poll and vote on the best most intresting image.etc..a peoples choice thing. If we did this we would also ask.members here to nominate images for that month that they see on the forum.

Thoughts?

Al

I also like the idea but I agree that you need to weight your time. Of course, solving this "bother" might give a satisfaction that is worth the effort. :D

Frank

Second Hand Pat
07-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Al, lets try it for a month for size. There are some details to work out.
Pat

LizStreithorst
07-06-2018, 06:30 PM
I agree with Pat. It's worth a try. What's to loose but time and effort for the mods. (sorry. I know that y'all work hard already)

Filip
07-09-2018, 10:02 AM
I think it would be fun to have all the worthy photos from the past month in one thread .
We can always try it.

LizStreithorst
07-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Is this in the works? I sure hope so. I like the fact that members don't just get to vote, we get to nominate. I don't take good pics but I trust my eye to know what is good when I see it. If we did this, I'd get to see other people's taste. I'd like it if the members who nominate a pic say why they like it. I'd like the admins and mods to do the same.

brewmaster15
07-30-2018, 08:29 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?133211-So-we-have-a-New-Project-Here-at-SimplyDiscus