PDA

View Full Version : Barebottom guys/gals - What color do you paint your tanks

0Dgreen
07-20-2018, 10:20 AM
Looking to see what the majority goes with.

In the past, I always painted my tanks white. This time around I went with black, my thinking was...I was going to have a tank full of blue-base fish, I thought they would look great against the black walls, needless to say, I'm not digging it.

So, I'm getting another 135 gallon, and thinking of going back to white with it, and once I have everyone moved over from the existing tank, get that one re-painted as well.

If it makes a difference, my stock is mostly Forrest Giant Blues, no pigeon strains.

jeep
07-20-2018, 01:14 PM
I use Stone Creations. Gives it kind of a gravel look.

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/american-accents/stone-spray

rickztahone
07-20-2018, 02:25 PM
I use Stone Creations. Gives it kind of a gravel look.

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/american-accents/stone-spray

this is literally what i have painted all of my tanks with ever. Love it.

0Dgreen
07-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Would you gents mind posting some pics, I'd love to see.

jeep
07-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Don't mind the poo...

Adam S
07-20-2018, 06:36 PM
That's my favorite combo too. The light blue background (Rustoleum Aqua and Harbor Blue are both good) also compliments most fish and isn't as stark as white.

jeep
07-20-2018, 07:27 PM
That's my favorite combo too. The light blue background (Rustoleum Aqua and Harbor Blue are both good) also compliments most fish and isn't as stark as white.

Which ever blue it is, it really enhances the colors of my fish, especially when used with a plant bulb. The camera doesn't show the brilliance. I don't have any LED's yet so hopefully the colors will be the same if not better...

Pices
07-20-2018, 09:51 PM
I really like the sand looking base and any pale or aqua blue to me, enhances the colors of all the fish I’ve seen. It’s my favorite too. If I had BD’s I’d probably want more of a green hue though.
Patty

Kirbs
07-21-2018, 11:07 PM
I use a light blue on the sides and back as well. I always brush it on with several coats. Tan on the bottom. I use sand in all my tans. I'm going to try the stone on one when I can.