PDA

View Full Version : It must be critters!

RogueDiscus
07-20-2018, 03:40 PM
My RO filters and 4 Brute cans are in my carport. A few months ago I noticed one of them seemed to be draining itself. I thought there was a back siphoning going on in the system. I eventually realized there was a leak in the Brute. That was odd. Well, it just happened again to another one. I think somebody's figured out they can bite a small hole in the can and get water! Although I and Chloe, our cat, do our best to deter them, we do get racoons, opossum, gophers, and rats.
I'm going to have to figure out how to protect them better.

Adam S
07-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Well that's a pain. Brutes aren't cheap either. Do you have any spicy chilis on hand?

RogueDiscus
07-20-2018, 04:23 PM
Yes, actually. I still have a bag full of dried Thai chilis from a couple seasons ago. What are you suggesting :evilgrin:

pm9ljr
07-20-2018, 04:36 PM
It was me. I hoped no one would catch us...But it was me... Sorry.. I am partial to Jalapenos and serranos

Adam S
07-20-2018, 06:31 PM
If you boil the chilis and strain the liquid into a spray bottle, you'll have an all-natural pest spray. Might work on Lloyd's too, but upgrade to a pump sprayer.

Rats hate the stuff, but definitely take care when making and using it.

pm9ljr
07-21-2018, 05:09 AM
It would hope my intended humor was not out of place

Second Hand Pat
07-21-2018, 07:59 AM
It would hope my intended humor was not out of place

Not at all Lloyd :D It was worthy of a good chuckle lol!!
Pat

brewmaster15
07-30-2018, 02:50 PM
Steve,
Ive had my heaters melt the inside of the brute pails..and that eventually caused a leaky pail.

Of course if its critter trying for water...A water dish or bird bath would probably be the easiest way here.:)
al